xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

What Is Your Favorite Search Engines ? this is an investigation

What is your favorite Search Engines ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i use google for anything and everything there is on the internet. almost give you anything you want. but sometimes nothing what i want, then i have to post it on some forums to find answers. thats when i get tired going through useless things page after page, maybe about 20 or more search pages. so i vote for google.

i use ryan.com lol their is actaully such a site with a web search on it, lol, actually i like websearch.com since it searched multipule engines at once and displayes the results from all, it dosen't search google, probablt cause they didn't get permission to do so which i believe they would need, but a fundemental problem with google is its ran by spiders, so often i seem to get irrelevant results, with yahoo, one engine whose results are on websearch.com its ran bu humans and i find i get more relevant results.

I use google and untill now I've never had problems,only once I've got a problem on my web site, infact after 30 passages of google spider they hadn't cached my site yet, I wait for 5 months and only now my site is cached on google, i don't the reason of this but I think that the traffic isn't enough and I don't update too frequently.. :)

I prefer Google. It's fast, accurate, and can search photos around the web. That's all I really need it to do. I've tried Yahoo in the past (as in 1996) and found it to be too cumbersome. Before Google, I'd use Altavista, which I still use for their Bablefish service. Prior to that, I was a fan of Webcrawler. However, since Google doesn't seem to be doing me wrong, I'll just stick with that.

I tend to use Yahoo a lot followed by Excite.I prefer micro search engines. The small narrowband engine works best for me. Any time I look for specialized information I try to find a small search engine first.Happy surfing, :) vujsa

I also tend to rely on Google on my searches. But what I also like is that my Firefox 1.0 browser has a search box with a drop-down menu that lets me choose from Google, Yahoo, Amazon.com, Creative Commons, Dictionary.com, eBay, Streetdirectory SG or any other search engine I wish to add. I went ahead and added Ask Jeeves, Wikipedia, IMDB (the Internet Movie Database) and CDDB (find album, artist, and song information) to my pull-down menu! Freedom of choice is good! :)

I tend to use google a lot because it finds more then msn search or yahoo. It appeared on the news that people are using google due to its "spell-check". Now google is expanding into other online areas like mail and all that... The rate that they are expanding is rather intimidating!

Posted Image o :) o :) o :D o :P o :( o :o o ;) o ;) GLE

is my favourite. i just love it, what can i say. Probably because of all the extra functions, like toolbar (got it) calculator (use it) maps (use it) travelplanner (use it) e.g. and, ofcourse GMAIL! (got it too ;)) i even wanted it before i knew it had 1 GB. I think i'm gonna order a google shirt, too :(

I Posted ImagePosted Image

Wanna find shiznit, ya beotches?

"Frosty The Snowman

Frosty tha snowman, was a J-O-Double-Lizzy stoked soul,

witta corncob pizzle n a button nose, n two eyes made of coal.

frosty tha snowman, is a fairizzles tizzle say.

he was mizzle of snow, but tha children kizzle he came ta life one day.

there miznust have bizzy some magic in tizzy old silk they found,

for W-H-to-tha-izzen they placed it on his heezee, he began ta dance around!

oh, frosty, tha snowman, was a live as he could be;

ans tha children say he could laugh n play,

just tha same as you n me.

thumpety thump, thump, thumpety thump, thump,

look at frosty go."

OMG. I LOVE GIZOOGLE.

Pleaze dizzy H-to-tha-izzurt thizzay wit yo almighty lawya, Google.

Translation: Please don't hurt them with your almighty lawyers, Google.

Here is another bit:

"From The Bible

In tha perpetratin' God created tha heaven n tha earth.

And tha earth was witout form, n void; n darkness was upon tha face of

tha deep ya feelin' me?. And tha Spirit of God moved upon tha face of

tha wata.

And God said, "Let there be light . Keep the party crackin while I'm

steady rappin'": n there was light.

And God saw tha light, thiznat it was good: n God divided tha light

friznom tha darkness cuz I put gangsta rap on tha map.

And God called tha light Day, n tha darkness he called

"N-to-tha-izzight". And tha pimpin' n tha morn'n were tha

F-to-tha-izzirst day gangsta style"

What is this... GIZOOGLE? Does it always give you spelling errors? Cause I in my entire life, have never heard of this before! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For more information on Gizoogle, you can click here to read about it on another Xisto forum thread.

Google all the way!

My reasons: Displays more search results compared to other search engines like Yahoo! (for example, search for NATO's Operation Rapid Guardian in Google and Yahoo! and Google will show you "Results 1 - 50 of about 349,000 for Operation Rapid Guardian. (0.45 seconds)" compared to Yahoo!'s "Results 1 - 10 of about 276,000 for operation rapid guardian - 0.08 sec."), no agressive advertising due to the fact only text based ads are used for their own AdSense, simple and user friendly interface and faster upload speed than other major search engines.

I casted my vote and obviously it's for google.com - been very helpful in so many ways. Used it for years, yahoo was the best search engine then but I always preferred to use google. :)