xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kids25

Linux Or Windows What the Diff.

Linux is very, very confusing. If something breaks, you have to really know it well to fix it. However, Linux is better than windows in these ways:1. Much less buggy.2. Easier to install some things.3. There are HOARDS of FREE GAMES and FREE OTHER SOFTWARE for it... openoffice (pretty much like microsoft office only free) if a good example. Windows is a HUGE memory hogger, and linux probably works faster and more efficiently.BUTAs I said, it's more confusing and it isn't for everyone. plus, lot's of common software (especially computer games) aren't compatible with linux and you have to use a windows emulator, and that spells disaster.

kids25: I think you got your answer or temporary solution - whatever way you name it. I'll wait and see what's going on in this thread and if it flares off as another of those Linux-Windows WAR threads I'll close it immediately. Thre are probably over 100 threads similar to this singing praises for both Linux & Windows... and eventually all of which lapsed into one of those ugly OS wars.. In your spare time just search around the OS section of this board and you'll see plenty of those posts. Take some time out to read them carefully and...you'll find your direction. Rest is upto your judgement..All the best :P