xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xevian

Confused With The System About the free hosting

About the free hosting, which one does the standard package rely on, the credits or the posts? I'm very confused after reading all the package things... I read that i need to get 50 good posts for the standard package, then at the top now states that i need 50 credits instead, and i have no idea how to count credits! Can someone enlighten me? Oh and if this is in the wrong section, just move it... (Sorry)

The credits don't count, it's your posts. When you get approved, your credits get reduced. I think you might need a few more quality posts to get approved, though. Maybe about 10 more.

Ok here goes!You have to make ten posts to get the starter account and fifty posts to qualify for the standard account.Then you have to stay active and keep posting to maintain posting credits. If your credits fall to zero your account is suspended until you get it back up and it will be reactivated.The amount of days you can stay without posting is show when you login. Read it carefully and it would make sence.That wasn’t too hard to understand was it?szupie if you can't answer someone question don't give false information or answer and tell them you can’t help them. I’m seeing quite a bit of this from you, it don’t help.

Here we go, :P

You start out posting. If you have quality posts your "hosting credits" will increase faster than your post count. In that case you can ask for the introductory package at 10 hosting credits or 10 posts.

If you have 10 posts where the quality of your posts are deemed insufficient, you may still be denied the hosting.

If you have 5 posts and 15 hosting credits, you are a very proficient poster and take the time to explain / expand on your posts. You can apply for hosting and will most likely be approved.

Now you go for the normal package. Again, you have a lot of one-liners your hosting credits will not increase at the rate your posts does. You will need 50, sometimes 60 posts before you ask for an upgrade. Again, the upgrade may be denied if post quality is lacking. On the other hand you again have a lot of quality posts, and your hosting credits hit 50 or 55 in 25 quality posts you can apply for hosting upgrade at that time.

In both instances your hosting credis will be reduced to 3 or 5, I'm not sure wich of the numbers we are using now. But as soon as you post again the hosting credits go back up.

The only times you will loose hosting credits apart from upgrading or asking for hosting are:
1 Your hosting credits are reduced by one every 24 hours, normal reduction.
2 If you are deemed to spam or your posts are not following topic, you may loose more credits than you gained posting them. If I have to go in and edit or delete a post you will loose at least the double of what the original post gave for hosting credits.

If you behave like a troll, I'll ban you. :P
If you you post junk or spam in a post not originated by you you may get a warning and on further review you may loose the rights to post and you may loose your hosting account also. If that happens you will loose anything you had on the site because we will not back it up for you.

I hope this explains how the post count and hosting credits work. :P

Just remember, I'm speaking for myself as an Admin. OpaQue have the final say in any decision and he may overrule any action done by the rest of us. The rules and regulations here are not cast in stone, they are minimal. They are to protect you, the members, and is a guideline for us Moderating and Administrating the board. The rules and regulations can change so keep an eye out here http://forums.xisto.com/topic/3-forum/

Nils

Whoa... This seems really complicated but i think i do understand, the basics anyway! Well now... can i skip the introductory package and aim straight for the standard package? Its rather hard to find a good free host nowadays, most just close down on themselves, declare bankruptcy and destroys the user's board... Those are rather annoying...

Whoa... This seems really complicated but i think i do understand,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not that complicated, but you are rewarded for quality posts. :P And I don't think your hosting will go away anytime soon. :P because OpaQue have Xisto that give free hosting also and they are not going to force you to switch because they have a paid hosting company for those who would like to upgrade to more disk space and bandwidth.

The posting criteria at Xisto are not as strict as here. Xisto is meant for serious users that will share of their knowledge. Xisto is more casual and the topics are on the lighter side :P

There have been some users that switched from here to Xisto and others that have switched from Xisto to here.

When you look at the downtime, most of the time that happens when new users are hosted and they start using scripts that is malformed and they bog down the server or kill the bandwidth. The rest of us experience an issue with logging on or accessing our websites.

Nils