xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dissipate

Sell Your Character?

we've all heard of people selling their everquest characters or some MMORPG items for a whole lot of real life money on ebay. have any of you ever sold your characters or items on ebay for money? would you attempt to do that?for me, i think i would once i got sick of the game as it's time invested and if i didn't want to play anymore, i wouldn't skip the possibility of selling the character i spent so much real life time on building up plus the items i worked hard to get for real life money.

i heard about it but i dont think anyone would buy any online character. unless someone is really dedicated to the online game and is willing to buy the best character on the game. that character might make it into thousands.i heard from a friend that a person sold his character for a couple of hundreds not bad for making money out of nothing. basically i play online games just to kill and pass time. and it actually work! sometimes i play it until one day passes!that was the old times.. but now i got a really hard course to do and so less time to do it in. "sigh"

I have both sold and bought SWG jedi accounts. Sold one for 450 and one for 850 and have bought 2 for 600 a piece. I used to buy and revamp uo accounts then sell em for about 300 also. It is a good way to make some side cash if it doesn't require much work to make the account worth more money quickly. Though SWG jedi aren't easy work so it isn't worth it.

just read the rest of the posts in here. Yeah it takes a lot of time to get a char to a sellable level if you wanna make any money. And since you are usually working with a 13-20 monthly cost it is hard to level em out to come out ahead.

Err... I think you better edit your posts and join them into one... I sold about... 4 accounts, 1 in runescape for about... S$50 ( When I was a little kid) 1 in Pristontale for about S$80, one in everquest for S$120 and one in survival project for S$70... Rather profitable considering that these games were in beta testing... I sold them when the beta testing ended...

i have sold a daoc account for $270...and for all of you hardcore daoc gamers one of my in game friends was able to sell his account for over a grand...but trust me he put his life into that account lol if you know daoc he had 14 50's all which were ML10 4 which were RR6+ and they were all decked out in good gear...the funny thing is now that he has sold it and hasnt been able to play and he got sick of WoW he wants his account back and he cant get it lol

I think buying someone account is stupid. You didn't really achieve anything if you buy someone's account. Plus i wouldn't be to happy wit a character name that dosen't suit me. But then again if you do sell an account, you can make big money if your account is good

I think as far as FFXI goes, it's really dumb to buy someone's account for a few reasons:1) If you bought an account with a char that has a job decently leveled (40-50) and you try to play it, you really have no idea what's expected of that character in the party and people in your partys will soon be trying to replace you.2) There's a solid storyline behind FFXI that is told through various missions in the game that build up a person's rank over time. What good is it to you if you have a character who is rank 7 out of 10 ranks and you want to take it to rank 10? It'd be like picking a 300 page book and flipping to page 200 and trying to understand what's going on.3) If/when you get into a linkshell (think: guild, clan, society, etc.) you will be wanting to know what to do, so you'll ask the LS what to do, where to go, etc. By your lack of knowledge, the fact that you bought an account will be apparent to the others.Personally, unless you've already played the game and you've gotten a character higher level and you know what's going on, I think buying an account is the fast lane to boredom in the game, because it seriously limits what you can yet experience in the game.Ciao :)

Yeah, people on Diablo II also sell their items. Items can go up to $50 dollars. In fact, awhile back, there was a sword that cost $250. Just for a item on a game, how sad. Anyways, I've played Everquest for a while, and I'd say about $13. I've also played Runescape, which my stuff is about $50. Then, there is Diablo, where all my stuff if probably like $250, no kidding. For the whole account, with the ladder and non-ladder characters, I could get $300 for it. Why people pay that much is beyond me, but I think it is the biggest waste of money ever. It is just a video game, god.

I've heard about people doing that for Everquest when it used to be illegal and now Sony apparently made it all legal and stuff so now when you do sell your Everquest game character they take a small percentage of the profit to make it all legal if you don't do it their way and they find out about it they delete your account entirely even the character you sold to another, but I do wander what happens to the other persons acount if they are caught buying an illegal character. But back to the subject it is a great idea to be able to sell your characters like in the event that you get bored with the game and the character and instead of deleating it and creating another one you can just sell it to another person, but do they still sell game money for real money as well as items or did they finally stop that.