xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ssjojo

Script to allow only members to download media from a forum/board.. How to do it ?

I didnt know where to post this so i posted it hereI wanna to know where to find a script where people have to register at your forum to download media off your website and i also wanna know what it is called.-------------------------------------------------------------Next time you make a post - please be more specific about the topic. It helps a lot if your topic describes your post content in brief rather than having a "Help me" - which could mean anything. More often this wouldn't pique the interest of the readers at all and your post will get very few responses. As an exampe am changing your topic title to "Script to allow only registered user to download media"m^e

or you could write it yourself.just check out how your forum keeps up with the session things: which variables are stored and what they are compared toothen put your download site in a big if-structure and make a condition that depends on the values in the cookies. should be do-able.or you could have them to log in seperate, but with the same username & password . then you could use the same database

Ok well i'm not quite sure but here this may help you it's a tutorial on how to make your own membership system. Here's the link Biorust - Membership System Tutorial (i did not write this tutorial at all and have never tried it but it should help you if you want to make your own).

Here's also a script that has already been made that you just have to edit PUMA User Management & Content Protection you can download it from there for free :P, if i found anything else that may help you i'll let you know :P

EDIT: what type of forums are you running and do yuo have a link to your website?

If you're using phpbb, all you have to do is import the members database of it with the database of your site. Then, all you need to do is to make that file only downloadable if the member is logged in.

do you actually know how to write php with mysql databases?if so, that would help :Pthe easiest way is to go to the admin panel of your phpbb board.then make a new forum, call it downloads or whatever you likeset the rights to that part in that way so only members can read itthen, upload your files and make a post for every file giving them the link to the file.

well thats not the way i really wanted to do itand ive also tried that puma thing thats not the right onei want it so people just register on my forum and then the can go on my website the main to download media

Well here you go i haven't tried it but it should work. Graphic-Designz try doing that tutorial and see how it goes it's a tutorial specifically made for phpbb forums and so that you visitors can login on any page, i think thats what you want, also it's got a note about how you can incorporate it on a certain page/s if you want those pages restricted to only forum members. Also if you are going to put in a nav i'd suggest you put a Register Here link on the bottom and then link it to your register page, just for easy navigation on your website. I hope that helps you, also it's got other tutorials on showing latest posts/topics etc on there :P