xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ndhill

Suggestion/querry: Art Forum? Just tossing up an idea.

To the AdminsI was wondering what you guys think of possibly hosting an art sub-forum. It seems that there are at least a few people here who might be interested in this. Basically, it'd exist separately from the graphic design forum and would be focused more on art for art's sake rather than a pure design aspect that would be for a more practical use. It would be a good way for the artists here to share their work, gain some exposure and receive feedback from their peers. I was thinking that it could be split into two sections, a discussion section and a gallery section for finished pieces where all threads must contain images.What do you think?-Noel

nice idea ndhill.. maybe the admins will take it up.. this forum was still in its teething stages even a few days back. Now it's gained quite a few good members and is gearing up really well. The forums are a bit unorganized and lacking in a lot of categories when compared to Xisto. But soon... :P All will be good with the great support that you guys are providing.

Definitely. I think it'd a perfect oppurtunity for artists who are already hosted here to start networking with eachother. New artists would see the gallery and the estabolished community and see it as a way for them to get their stuff off the ground.

That is a great Idea, I would love an art forum to show someof my pieces! It's a great way for people to get feed back and it's a great way to exchange ideas!

Hey guys. You probably all saw this already but just in case you haven't, click here! Start posting your stuff!

Ok, I see only one problem :D where is the art going to be hosted. Everyone only have a limited amount for uploads and I think it will be used up very fast uploading images.Astahost don't have a Photo Gallery for the same reason you need to preserve your website (This is me not OpaQue and he may correct this statement :D ) the disk space and bandwidth is not here for that. So hosting the images would be the first hurdle and then let me know when you have an image host and I'll setup the forum!Nils