xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lxcid

Which Video Card Is Better, ATI Radeon, Or N-Vidia

ati and nvidia both have a wide variety of models. also, every so often they come out with a completely new generationg of cards, which often have new features.when buying a card, the more expensive ones may not only be faster, but have important features which may make the game look better.both companies make good cards (in the current generation at least). buying low end cards may allow the game to run, but not with a lot of details. the most expensive cards are very good, but cost a lot. buying the middle priced cards can be good because they usually have a good combination of speed and features, at a decent price.

I personally have always had nVidia cards which i have found to be very good, certainly if you are on a budget you can get a decent card for next to no money. i do think that the higher end ATI cards look the best though although i havn't used them myself they seem better in benchmark tests that i have read.

Woaaaahhhh confused ???lol, I merged this 6 post topic with an identicle but older 5 page one in the interst of keeping the forums nice and clean.

it heavily depends on what program you are running. some time ati is better sometimes nvidia is better.in the radeon 9 and geforce 5 generation, ati had the upper hand. their cards performed a lot better in direct x 9 programs like half life 2.in this generation, the radeon x and geforce 6 series,, nvidias cards tend to be better in most cases.

What is better? I own an nvidia card geforce 4 mx440 with ddr memory and 8x agp. The game c&cgenerals runs so slow. ATI cards are more expensive than NVidia cards. But we still can't decide what is best for each GPU works better on some games and the other on the other games. Maybe if nvidia or ati can develop a card that could be integrated to gaming consoles is neat, hehehe.

Whats Better, ATI or NVIDIA ?Which car is Faster... A red one, or a blue one ?oth ATI and nvidia make many different graphics cards,you can compare 2 different graphics cards, but not 2 company'sthe latest ATI card will out perform the GeFOrce4 MX.the latest Nvidia card with outperform the ATI RAGE.the best way to find out, would be to pick a nivdia card in your price range,then pick the latest ATI card of the same price, then google for benchmarks.also, you CPU is important in gaming.

I think GeForce MXs are not that good. I mean, it's ok for the price, but not for a die hard gamer like me :DMy FX 5700 has worked perfectly for me, except for some little graphic problems I have playing Winning Eleven 8.And by comparing Ati and Nvidia, I guess the best way is to compare their latest cards.

I think GeForce MXs are not that good. I mean, it's ok for the price, but not for a die hard gamer like me :D

My FX 5700 has worked perfectly for me, except for some little graphic problems I have playing Winning Eleven 8.

And by comparing Ati and Nvidia, I guess the best way is to compare their latest cards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my pocket don't allow me to buy the latest (damn! i have to get a work -.-)...but my ATI card give me some problems that my old GeForce card hasn't :D

playing with doom 3 after three minutes the game crashes and the system follow the game crash so i have to hard reset my pc -.-

;)

Look, neither company is better.Each line of cards they produce is different. Sometimes ATI is faster, sometimes nVidia is faster, and even then it often changes on a program to program, task to task basis. If you really want to know which is better, go figure out how much money you want to spend. Then, go look up some recent benchmarks and reviews for cards in that price range.Yeesh.

1. Synthetic Benchmarks are crap, they don't say much about the card. The best indications are those in real modern games...2. Drivers are really important. and i have to say, nvidias drivers are much, much beter than ati's... I have a 9800pro now, and i've had many driver problems wich i didnt have with my old ti4600. I now use the omega drivers and those are a lot better, but it isnt really a strong point of ati, that's for sure...3. You're games will run as smoothly on a 6800ultra as on a x800xt... The difference in prestations is so minimal, that you dont really have to look at it...4. That makes that other functions and technics about IQ instead of prestations are much more important...5. Imho is the 6800GT the best of the moment if it comes on price/quality... If you have a lower budget, the 9800pro is still a very interesting card... And af course, the new generation of mid range cards will all be able to run your newest games on high resolutions and with a high IQ.... 6. A big nono are the low budget thingies, like the old mx cards (wich were based on a geforce 2, dx7 ffs... a geforce 3 is much much better...). Then you had the fx5200 and radeon 9200 and now the 6200 and ati equivalent... These are nice cheap cards if you never play a game. If you are a gamer, you will have to pay a little bit mor for your graphics card...7. Don't buy a high end card if you have a celeron proc or something similar. You won't be able to use your graphic cars power at full strengt because the proc will be the bottleneck... With a top range gfx card you need a fast modern (64 bit? :-)) proc...

my pocket don't allow me to buy the latest (damn! i have to get a work -.-)...but my ATI card give me some problems that my old GeForce card hasn't :D

playing with doom 3 after three minutes the game crashes and the system follow the game crash so i have to hard reset my pc -.-

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try updating the game, ATI drivers, and DirectX. Any of those should solve the problem...

Hey, has anyone tried Voodoo? Better than ATI and nvidia?

Ahhhh Voodoo !!
I remember those days !

You either had a voodoo graphics card, or you had a crap graphics card !

Voodoo3 was released when i got my first x86 pc.
i remember a voodoo advert on the tv showing quake2 (which was amasing graphics at the time !)

remember GlideGL ?
what the hell was GlideGL ? some voodoo version of OpenGL ?

Look, neither company is better.
Each line of cards they produce is different. Sometimes ATI is faster, sometimes nVidia is faster, and even then it often changes on a program to program, task to task basis. If you really want to know which is better, go figure out how much money you want to spend. Then, go look up some recent benchmarks and reviews for cards in that price range.

Yeesh.

thats what i said... and i think it also got said around page 2, lol.

i dont think anyon is actually reading the thread, its gotten too big, which i assume is why so many people are repeating over and over whats alrady been said.

but if anyone closes this thread, sooner or later a new ATI vs nvidia will pop up, get merged with this one, and spawn even more repertition.