xisto Community
sohahm

Invision vs phpBB

I like phpBB , although it is so confusing adding the MOD , it is free and simple and easy to install . And I think it is easy to search the skin and the mod over the web . I haven't learn any php script , but I also can manage my php forum .

Invision is better, more modern in my opinion. But then again its not OS and free like phpBB. If I'd have to pick one I'd go for phpBB because of the open sourceness. But I'm glad I don't have to since there's SMF. :lol:

yes yes yes ,...... it´s treu that PHBB is easy to handle and it´s nice but it makes fast eroors with programing script´s and with invision power board , i can do wat i want with the script never had a eroor before because i am know what to do

If I am going to run a really active messageboard, my first choice is vbulletin. I'm baised as I've been familar with Keir Darby's work (VB creator) for almost 7 years now. Between invision and phpBB, invision has always been the package I've chosen. phpBB has a larger install base and a lot more security exploits. However, lately I've used whatever messageboard intergrates with Mambo (I think its simpleboard).Personally I like invision board for moderately active boards.

well if it were between those two i would pick IPB because its got so many more options then the ACP is 100% better then phpbb but if it were between all boards, vBB would win by far, no contest

Neither. IPB's waay overpriced and the ACP's all screwed up, and phpBB just doesn't have enough good features. You can't even add subforums. Plus, you need to edit PHP to just disable COPPA registration...
I'm a big fan of Jaia Interactive's MyTopix forum software, which I use on my site. It's currently in beta, and even though you'll have to pay for it if you want final when it comews out, it'll only be $40, and half that for the first fifty customers!  And, I'm not sure, but it might be free without all the official support and skins and shtuff... 

No your wrong, Invision Power Board all the way I love it its great and the nearly most popular board even 1.3x is great 2.0x is a lovely board.
Here is my rank for boards
1. IPB
- 2.1.1 (this one rocks more ACP is great here)
- 2.0.0 and 2.0.4 (ACP is like 1.3, but the skin..its so great)
2. PHPBB
- version 2 is great
3.Vbulletin
-I hate vbulletin its layout, Administration Control Panel, skin, etc..

these are the only boards i tried and ranked

i think i will go with phpbb, coz its more easy to use and more flexible to what i need/like.invision is complex in the sort that its not designed properly to be easy, but i can still manage.. depends on taste too..also, i've tried phpbb first, and i havent had much problems, so yeah phpbb..

i like invision power board, but its not free so im going to use phpbb2im going to upload to Xisto.com in a site that im going to make here! just waiting to admins to accept my free host :lol: