xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skpanda

Immidiate Posts In A Thread Shud Be Counted As 1

hi guyz...i observed one thing...say i post a message in a thread.....and want to edit it immidiately..in case i wud have forgotton to write!!if the user preseer Reply instead of EDIT button....Then...both posts are counted as 2...but cant we modify it so that..the edited message.....gets appened automatically!!!PS: I know that edit button is provided for this purpose....but still..Satya

I don't think you can unless you are a moderator. For me, I get presented with an option of selecting messages by bulk - whether they belong to one user, or multiple users and am able to merge all the posts together into one big post... But I don't think this is possible for a normal user... In case you want your posts merged you've to get in touch with one of the mods/admins.

I think he's saying "2 immideate posts SHOULD be counted as 1"He's sugesting a function (as flod control) that automaticly makes 2 adiacent posts in the same thread as one so newbies that want hosting don't abuse the 25 letter rule.Or maybe he wants to say something else i dunno

yes...Xtron...u got me rt!!what i mean is..u have this 10 / 50 posts.....mark to get free hosting....now instead of posting a long message...i will cut into...2/3 and post it simultaneously..without even waiting for response!!i myself observed that in my case...but since...my primary concern out here is not hosting for to be a part of strong community......its ok!! ( i have not yet requested free hosting though i am eligible)if somebody wants to exploit this loop hole (if i can call that)...then????

I never saw it because I did not pay much attention and just waited until I reached the requested number.But I always wondered how a new user got up to thirty and forty posts within the same day they joined. This forum really teaches you a thing or two, even the experienced ones. hmmmm

If you reply to your own post and the Moderator deletes you post your post count stays the same, and your hosting credits are reduced. If I find you or someone else post answers to your own posts I wil remove hosting credits from you as a penalty. More credits than you made by posting twice. So answering your own post is a nono, you can hit the edit button to edit your original post.If you are replying to someone else that posted after you, then it's OK to add another post. If a moderator see you answering your own posts or you have to many one liners you will get a warning, and this may result in multiple warnings from differnt moderators that see your one liners.If you have any questions you can ask a Moderator or an Admin, if we can help we will help. Another problem are the multiple posts about the same or similar posts that are answered 10 times a day. Use the search feature to see if there are any similar questons already. If you see that there is a cPanel question up already, then don't start another tread on the same issue. Add to the existing one and we don't have to hunt down the same answer 2 or 3 times.Since I'm in such a great mode right now I just want to add... We, the Administrators or Moderators are not babysitters. :P We have to look up or search for the answer the same way you could have done yourself. We may not know the answer to all your questions because we started here as users and we started helping others. So Administrator and Moderators ane not all knowing when it comes to this board, we just took the time to figure some of it out. Because of this we were noticed and then cursed :P since we got the promotion to Maderators, and for me Admin. The person I go to is OpaQue because he's the person with the most knowledge when it comes to issues with the board. You should realise that none of us are here as full time employees we are volunters (voluntered) to the job. Including OpaQue, he's not doing this as a full time job. The free hosting is something that is done because he wants to not because he have to.When you have an issue or a question, be specific what you did and what the problem are. Sometimes we can spot the error by what you put down for info while asking the questions. Lets say you uploaded files but can't find them. Then you should put your domain name down, what forlder you put the files in (Or thought you put the files in), the name of one or more of the files that you placed in that directory, include if you put a index.php, index.htm(l) file there.If you have an ftp error, put what client you are using, what is the location you put for your connection. what is the username you are using there. All this can help us spot where the error is.cPanel issues in 90% an user error when typing the location. if you do not specify your subdomain you will still see the (a) cpanel but it will not log you in. If you try to have your password resent from that location there will be no password sent, because you are in the wrong location.Hope this answers some of your questions.Nils