xisto Community
OpaQue

Online Advertising Networks (cpc, Cpm, Cpa, Cpl) Pay Per Impression Pay Per Click Ads

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Pay Per Impression and Pay Per <- snipped -> networks</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Facts / Guide about CPC, CPM, CPA, CPL Advertising networks & Ads</span>

Frankly, You might all be very very shocked to READ this FACT!

I serve 70,000 AD Impressions per day and Yesterday I made only $2.82 by showing 28,563 AD impressions from one network (Pay per Impression or CPM ad network) called Rightmedia. ( I will tell you about this network later )

I really dont know what the hell is wrong with the AD companies (whether CPM or CPC) and why I am not able to make any good money.. Anyway, I have stopped bothering about individual ad companies. The problem is the Forums. When same persons keep on visiting a site, they soon view all the ads which can be offered by a company. Soon, The company runs out of ads to show to a particular user and hence, further AD impressions are wasted (this is what I think )

Cost per <- snipped -> are good for sites with many unique visitors but not for Forums where same people keep on visiting. Also, members seem to get immune to ads and their eyes automatically learn to ignore them. Especially TEXT PAY PER <- snipped -> So I stick with Pay Per Impression ADs which are usually bright to attract attention and also give out some better results than compared to Pay Per Click.

Since I have more number of repeating visitors, I now use 10 + diffrent ad networks and run them off an adserver so that a visitor is able to see maximum no. of diffrent ads. I NEVER used to respect the advertisers money before.. I used to ask members to <- snipped -> .. etc.. but Now I very much respect their money and try to be as faithful as possible. Hence, I have stopped worrying about high paying ads and I think about showing as many diffrent ads as possible. So that the same ads are not being repeated (even though they may be highly paid).

The next reason is, I got lots of international traffic. Everyday, I get visitors from ATLEAST 75 countries. Of which, only US, UK and CANADA are commercially important. ( No offence to people from outside US/UK/CANADA :-P ) Anyway, International traffic simply does not have much of any commerical importance and many few advertising networks seem to support it.

If you got a high performing forum, Dont go for pay-per- <- snipped -> (except google and adsonar). Also befware of IMPRESSIONS policy. There are two types in it. One is RAW and the other is based on UNIQUE CAP.

RAW : The name explains it. All the impressions are counted.

UNIQUE CAP : Only Unique members (IP) are counted that too, Once every X amount of time. Where X is the decided time (usually it is 24 hour )

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Some Terms Related to Advertising Network or Ad delivery </span>

CPM : Cost per Thousand ( M = Roman symbol for 1000 )

It is used by programs that pay on an impression basis -- with the CPM rate being the amount you earn for every 1000 times an advertisement is displayed. For example, a $5 CPM means you earn $5 every time 1000 ads are displayed on your site.

CPC : Cost per Click

This term relates to the amount that will be charged to the website every time someone clicks on their link, for example if the CPC is 5p then the company will be charged 5p whenever someone clicks on the link.

CPL : The cost an advertiser pays per lead. This is a very common method of selling advertising. A lead can be anything from an e-mail address for a newsletter to a complete survey that needs to be completely filled out and verified in order to get credit. CPL prices can range greatly depending on the program.

CPA : Cost per action for banner ads. This is the best type of rate to pay for banner advertisements, and the worst type of rate to charge. Advertisers only pay for the visitors who click on their banner and then sign up, fill out a form, or purchase something on their website. This is most common for Affiliate Programs. My opinion is this type of payment arrangement is already an endangered species, and will soon become extinct.

NET Terms : The Net Terms define the amount of time after which you will recieve your earned money. Advertising companies do this in order to avoid a restraint on their cash flow. So if you have agreed upon NET 30 terms then you will recieve payments exactly 30 days after the end of your earning period. i.e. Suppose your earn $362 by the End of Jan, so the company will send you payment at the end of Feb

The Following are the AD-Companies I have used. I have tried my best to provide max. details.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>

YESUP ADVERTISING NETWORK

</span>

These guys pay a decent amount and it has nothing hidden in it. They straight away mention that 1000 impressions from US will be paid @ $0.28

Beware : Many impressions which they cannot fill up will be wasted. I have lost more than 36000 impressions this month. Later I realised they support a DEFAULT ad feature by which IF they can't fill in an inventory then they show your AD instead (which can be an ADCODE of other network too ). ONe more point, The default ADS which are shown have some problems and they are scrolled in the Iframe. So they are not clearly visible. Anyway, since these people really pay the amount they claim, they are really Good from my point of view. Even though they pay a bit-small amount. :P

Brief Background : They are a major network. A Part of Yesup Ecommerce Solutions Inc. Clicksor ( Pay Per <- snipped -> network ) is their sister company.

Advertising Network Contact Details : Online Support at paypopup.com

Payment Term : NET 15

Payment Method : PayPal / Check / Wire Transfer

Publisher Criteria : 250,000 impressions/month

RECOMMENDED : Yes.

RightMedia</span>

Type : Pay Per Impression ( CPM / eCPM )

They only accept big networks.. When I joined , things were very cool. I got satisfactory CPM (Cost per Thousand - M->Thousand in Roman ) rates. But just after 2 weeks, The CPM rate has fallen below 0.10 which is very very poor.. I still havent been paid by Rightmedia, and I will let you people know if they pay :-p (Still testing)

Advertising Network Contact Details : publisher@rightmedia.com

Payment Term : NET 60

Payment Method : Check

Publisher Criteria : 250,000 impressions/month

RECOMMENDED : Yes.

RealtechNetworK</span>

Type : Pay Per Impression ( e-CPM )

These guys are also Good. But the payout solely depends on your performance. The amount you earn is @ your CTR (Click through RATE) So if even 5 people click your ads per 1000 impressions you get around $0.30 CPM rate. (recommended)

Advertising Network Contact Details : NA

Payment Method : Check / PayPal / WireTransfer

Publisher Criteria :

-> 10,000 impressions per month (7,500 Unique).

-> Root level domain name (http://www.mydomain.com/ ).

-> 80% US/UK/CAN audience.

RECOMMENDED : YES

Accelerator-Ads</span>

If you have a lot of UK Traffic, then this AD network is recommended. I used them and I have the following stats which can give you a better idea.

Total impressions: 5077

Total clicks: 5

Total revenue: ÂŁ0.57

Please not that, In the above stats, there were ( 1186 + 31 ) default Ad views. This shows that Their company is not able to completely fill up your AD inventory. However, If we do a bit calculation here, I was paid for approx. 3860 Ad Impressions. That means, their Effective payout rate was around ( ÂŁ0.14 )

So, I would recommend these guys :-) But dont think about this network if you have mixed traffic. It is advisable that you serve your ADvertising space using some AD-server. And Geotarget this company to UK traffic only.

Advertising Network Contact Details :

Toby Harwood

Business Development Manager

tel: +44 (0)20 7631 4600

fax: +44 (0)20 7631 3122

email: tobyh at accelerator-media dot com

Advertising Network Contact Details : NA

Payment Method : Check / PayPal / WireTransfer

Publisher Criteria :

-> 5,000 impressions per month.

RECOMMENDED : YES ( For UK Traffic Only )

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BlueTime /  Azoogle Ads</span>

They are a good company (Pay Per Impression). After I applied, I talked to one of their Support techs and the setup was fast. The interface is cool. They claim to fill up 100% of your inventory.

Some Plus Points of this Advertising Network.

* 100% Inventory Fill

* 75%+ CPM Payouts

* Net 15 Payments

My statistics : The only reason I am impressed by this Advertising network is that I forwarded a lot of Asian traffic to them and still the eCPM rate was 18. Well, Considering 0.18 eCPM rate for traffic ( including Asia ) is really Good.

However, I don't think they can pay you higher than 0.30. As that is why I was said, when I asked them about the max. I would make If I give them 1000 Unique US impressions.

AIM: bluetimesupport

phone: 905-946-0300 x362

Payment Term : NET 15

Publisher Criteria :

-> 25,000 impressions per month.

RECOMMENDED : (This Pay Per <- snipped -> network is still under review, Will update shortly)

RealCastMedia</span>

I cannot comment much on this company. It is still a mystery though .. if it is really a company. The language and presentation of the sites is not soo good. I have sent them a email regarding it and they told that they are soon going to re-design their sites.

THE MAIN SITE also LACKS "Terms of Service","Privacy Policy" and other pages which specify the legal policies of a company. So I *cannot* comment on their reliability. They also own another Ad network called REALTEXTADS which was down when I signed up. *red flag*

As for the statistics are concerned, I am very much dissatisfied.

Here are the stats

728x90 (5) 15 11,534 3 0% $1.23

I don't remember If I had geotargetted their ads to US/UK/Canada but these stats are not satisfactory. And they are very much below average.

PublisherRelations at realcastmedia dot com

Payment Term : Unknown

Payment Method : Unknown

Publisher Criteria : Unknown

RECOMMENDED : Not Recommended If you have repeating visitors.

BannerConnect</span>

I dont know how I came to know about them, but this is still a young company. I have talked to their support and they seem very much dedicated. Customer support is good. Their system had some problems when I contacted them. I have started serving their ads and now awaiting for their interface to come online so I can check my pay per impression ( CPM ) statistics.

They have claimed to fill up not only US/UK/Canada traffic, but also Asian traffic which very less Advertising networks support. Anyway, I cannot recommend them at this stage.

-deleted-

Director of Business Development

BannerConnect U.S.

AIM: BannerConnectus

MSN: BannerConnectUS

Yahoo: BannerConnectUS

Payment Term : NET 45

RECOMMENDED : Ad-Network Still under Review!

Experclick Inc.</span>

I had tried them long time back. And I remember that I was very much unsatisfied with this Ad network. I closed the campaign right after the next day.

Very low payout.

( to be updated )

Angela Kolata

Director of Sales

Experclick, Inc.

Make Every Impression Countâ˘

voice 800.839.6504 x 112

fax    805.456.3100

angela at experclick dot com

Payment Term : Unknown

RECOMMENDED : Ad-Network Still under Review!

I will keep updating this list.. Check back Later ;-)}}

Yeah like a banner of the size i described above. If its like my Firefox sig then i'd be more than happy to have one. Ill just include it on my forums and let it deal with everything. All profit to you/Xisto.

Good and interesting post here. Might I suggest switching completely to Google text ads for the forums. I've seen the ads on a couple forums and its pretty neat, it shows the relevant ad based on the text displayed on the screeb. Its pretty interesting and fun to see which ads come up based on the posts displayed. A lot of the ads I see right now I've seen pretty much before and I usually skip over them as stated, except when I spend certain time each day <- snipped -> but I think I would be interested in <- snipped -> ads more throughout reading the forums. It would be a neat experiment if you could try for one month to switch completely to Google text ads or some other keyword related ad and see if you generate more or less revenue than before.}}

As far as I am concerned xeon, Google ads were running here (in this forum- even before the advertisement script existed). As a matter of fact the Google logo is still there..but I think "again" it was suspended. Google adwords policy are so strict...and "famed" to have that "smart cheating" detection.

To those looking for a pay per click program, (something that resembles like Google Adwords) Clicksor is a great alternative.

1. http://www.clicksor.com/

Clicksor will pay you up to 70% of the advertising clicks revenues generated from your website. Contextual Advertising Technology by Clicksor allows your visitors to enjoy the content of your website and bring generous earnings to you at the same time

2. http://adhearus.com/process/route/1666342681.html?refresh=noscript

Adhearus brings the efficency and reliability of pay-per-click advertising to "the rest of the net" by enabling advertisers to advertise their product to consumers on relevant, related web sites. Webmasters can place ads on their web site and earn revenue for every click.

I haven't tried these PPC's yet. So Im not sure how good or bad it is or if they really pay their clients or subscribers.

ummm guys i had contacted the admin (Opaque)... they say you can't advertise on your website on Xisto.

In the days of the Internet boom, pay-per-view advertisements really pay a lot. You could make a fortune by putting up such ads on a really busy website. Now, the payout has fallen significantly. I think people do not notice ads every more. The model of advertising networks has shifted to a pay-per-performance model, which provides better return on investment for advertisers.

ummm guys i had contacted the admin (Opaque)... they say you can't advertise on your website on Xisto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do not allow you to advertise your sites on our forum. However, you are free to run commericial ads on your sites. Some people might take the above post in a wrong way.

Thanks for clearing that up, OpaQue. :)

Anyway, I recently took Clicksor ads off my forum because my friend had also put them on his site, and pop-ups started showing up on his site... :) So, I've switched to Adhearus, and I'm eprfectly fine with them. I have it set up so they only appear on my forum index, and it's in its own "Sponsored Links" table... :(

RightMediaThey only accept big networks.. When I joined , things were very cool. I got satisfactory CPM (Cost per Thousand - M->Thousand in Roman ) rates. But just after 2 weeks, The CPM rate has fallen below 0.10 which is very very poor.. I still havent been paid by Rightmedia, and I will let you people know if they pay :-p (Still testing)

First I'd like to say thanks for joining the Right Media ad marketplace!

To address your issues:

1. I'm not sure what your account total is, but we issue checks when you reach $50.00 in revenue on a net 60 basis. So the first time you get paid will be 60 days, then after that you're paid monthly as long as you're earning at least $50 per month.

2. Regarding CPMs, the first thing I should point out is something you already realize which is that a forums site with lots of international traffic is not going to get a great eCPM from ad networks. It's the nature of the beast a little bit in that sense. But specifically to explain what we do:

Right Media allows advertisers to competitively bid for your ad space on a predominantly CPM, CPC and occasionally a CPA basis. Our real-time bidding engine ensures that you always earn the highest possible CPM.

When a new site joins the Right Media marketplace, our proprietary technology learns which ads perform best on a given site's ad space. This generally results in an upward trend in eCPM, however, if response is very low, it is highly likely that eCPM will actually drop. Banning ads will NOT help your CPM, and in fact will generally bring it down even further. Please remember, Right Media does not serve default ads, so the eCPM you see is for 100% of raw impressions. (Many networks only report the impressions they sell, not those they don't).

This is precisely why we've decided to offer publishers participating in our marketplace Reseller Management. Reseller Management is the ability to make multiple ad networks compete for the same advertising space in a virtual auction format which will earn you the highest CPM possible.

We understand that we may not have the highest paying ad on each ad call, and we'd rather send the ad to another network that makes you more money on that ad call, rather than cost you money. Paste in the re-direct and enter the price the other network is paying you (make sure you adjust the eCPM for defaults), and we do the rest.

Why would we invite competition? We think it's more important to help publishers make more money than it is to sell 100% of the ads you send our way. Our sales team is growing fast, and we're constantly adding new advertisers...eventually we'll earn more and more of your inventory. Isn't that a win-win proposition?

I'd be happy to walk you through the reseller management who would like to make multiple networks compete for their ads.

Thanks.

my god! very informative post!!!! should i just thank you or should i jump and hug you ;)~well, thanks a bunch for these infos.. i'll be trying these soon!and just a quick question!if you register 2 accounts, and add the second one as referral of the 1st, will that be profitable, in the sense that you are getting paid twice? i still have to grasp that concept yet..

I would be interested to hear more about UK focussed CPM ad companies. I currently have some banners on my site - but they require users to signup/buy into the advertisers services before you get paid anything. Not working. I get quite a few unique users so this may be the way forward.-Rankster