xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ndhill

Mortal Kombat 6: Deception any good?

Hey. I just reserved a copy of MK6 for the Gamecube at Gamestop and before I decide to drop $50 for it, I wanted to know if anyone here has it and what they think of it. I loved the first two MK games and I thought Deadly Alliance was ok but nothing too special. No comment on the installments in between. Anyway, how does DA stack up when compared to the previous titles? More importantly, does it stack up to other fighters out there? I've been pretty spoiled Soul Calibur II which is an absolute masterpiece. I don't want to get DA if it's going to keep me occupied for about a couple weeks till I eventually find myself going back to Soul Calibur II.

mortal kombat is goood but only with friends around to play multiplayer. same with any other fighting games. i ony play on my own on the arcade, story, or PRACTICE! to beat all your mates revealing some really awsome moves.i own mortal kombat deadly alliance, it seems to take ages to unlock every single item in the coffins. most of them are just junk from the old mortal kombat series. the making of the game was quite interesting, where the makers of the game are in a relaxed environment. they were playing the game again and again tweaking them each time. makes me want to be a games developer! seems soo much fun!

I know what you mean. I just want a well rounded fighter that has good play mechanics. I was a little skeptical about Deception because it seems to be packed with so many gimmicks like deathtraps, chess, puzzle fighter, quest mode, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff, but it can only keep my interest for so long.

I was just at the official Mortal Kombat: Deception website and I just discovered something pretty cool that Gamecube owners like me are getting. Two additional playable characters; Shao Kahn and Goro!

Posted Image

i agree that its mostly fun with multiplayer friends but the konqeust mode is ok.... i would definately get this one instead of deadly alliance.... it has more modes like chess and puzzle... the first ones are pretty sweet also....

I'm not much for new fighters. Tekken 4 was pretty cool, but my roommate has MK6. It's alright. I've never been too excited about playing MK6 as a game. It's more of an arcade experience. So for me, I get to play it, but I don't have to buy. I'm cheap. Actually the gameplay is good. Kinda cool fatalities, although I haven't played it much I'd say it's a good fighter. Better than most of the others I've played. Kinda surprised that after I beat someone it went to the fatality screen. I was like "what did i push" then the other guy cut his head off or something. That's something a little different (didn't really play last MK so that might've been in there). I don't own a gamecube but the ps2 comes with online play I thought. Does GameCube have online support. Anyways overrall I'd rate it an 8/10. Good graphics. Lots of unlockables. Some kinda tetris type game that is rather amusing for a few rounds. It's alright.

Yeah. That part where you saw a guy decapitate himself was called a "Hari Kiri." In japanese that means "To cut your own belly." The MK guys should've probably called the move "suppiku" just as a proper term for suicide for the sake of preserving honor. Anyway, the characters have the option of doing that when they're defeated so that the winner is robbed of the satysfaction of killing them. I don't know. I guess I'll pick it up.

I just picked it up and I have to say that I'm fairly impressed. It may not be Soul Calibur II as far as gameplay mechanics are concerned but the amount of depth and interactivity the game has is astounding. It does rely a lot on the novelty aspect but that's not a bad thing considering there's so much of it. The stages are probably my favorite part of the whole game. Being able to smack hanging bodies at your opponent, grab a stage weapon, fight in hidden areas, and use death traps is unbelievably cool. The whole game is just so friggin brutal! I was also glad to discover that I didn't have to re-master my favorite characters from DA; Scorpion and Subzero.

i just got MK:Deception thursday.. its the first one i have played since MK3 haha... its friggin awesome in my opinion, i always like doin the arcade style, but man am i addicted to chess and konquest mode... this game is prolly one of the best MK to date... although nothin beats the classic!!!!

-Sigh-I despise the MK Games ever since they moved them up from N64 to XBox. The fighting style system is really confusing and involves massive button mashing in order to get anything to hit something. --And they rely on you wasting your life in front of the game to learn combos so you can get .0001% further into the game.I beg all of MK's designers and game hosters, please correct your errors and make good games again!

In a word "no".The recent 2 3d Mortal Kombats are stiff and unresponsive games on par with early fighters from the begining of the 32 bit erra. SOmewhat accepteble gfx aside....these games should be avoided as they are only taking time away from playing proper Mortal Kombat games.