xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lacking_imagination

Alienware Liquid Cooled Computer

I am sure that this kind of thing can be a little dangerous in regards to it leeking and screwing up the computer, but i am sure that they have thouroughly tested it and made it as secure as possible. I don't think they could release it unless they were happy with the results. They possibly might have released it if it were not up to scratch, but i don't wanna get sued for liable so... :PAs for the results of this method... i am not really sure. They really have sold the idea that is great on their site, and it makes you believe that it is great. Being as it was designed for their specific computer system i am sure that it has to work well otherwise they might have seen a loss in profit.That said it does sound extremely cool, very inovative. I too would like to hear from someone who has this system.overture.

NO the liquid used in L cooling is does not affect electrical stuff. (dos not conduct electricity) well at least some of the cooling liquids.But if u install it corectly it won't make any trouble.. but unfortunately there are a large number of disadvantages to liquid cooling in computer systems these days. Some of the most prominent disadvantages are size and technical skills required to install a kit.Liquid cooling is still only really effective for those people who are interested in over clocking their computers well beyond what air cooling will allow , so if your computer is working good as it is u don't need it .

AlienWare 7500 Liquid CooledAlienware Liquid Cooled Computer

Instead of me typing a ton of techy stats of what my pc contains, just goto http://www.alienware.com/ and search for alienware 7500. It has nvidia sli 680i geforce mutherbored, 4gb ddr2 800MHZ DIMM RAM Modules (2 x 1024), 8600 gts nvidia gfx card, 2.66.7GHZ (Pentium III {Xeon Processors) btw to those noobs THESE ARE WAY FASTER THAN P4's FYI, look up XEON and You will see I am right... Anyway and It's liquid cooled, from my understanding the liquid cooling in mine ONLY cools the main CPU and nothing more. My collected info could be a bit off, but if it is my apologies... Iam getting quad core 3GHZ intel in 2 days so the cooling might help, I know it will help system performance as well as wear on the cpu, so anyway oh and getting an OC'ed GTX gfx card also 1GB DDR3 Ram it's a geforce, rated very high crysis at top resolution played at around 52-61 fps on a very comparable sytem to mine. So anyway enjoy your pc experience!

StanDP