xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound

Addon Domains What can I do with this?

Under cPanel > Site Management Tools > Addon DomainsThree input fields: New Domain Name: Username/SubDomain Name: Password:Then there's: Setup(/Remove) Redirection............So, what can I do with this?Can I basically host a sub-subdomain?Can I change my current subdomain?Thanks for the help.

addon domains will add your own domain(s) into your domain/sub-domain registered here. you can access it both from sub-(domain/sub-domain registered here) and your own domain has been added-on. note! before you add your own domain on there, you have to set the NS1 NS2, and point to Xisto.com first.then.. you can Setup(/Remove) or Redirection. actually each addon domains will have each account/password, and can manage from ftp.you can host your sub-domain on Xisto.com depending on admin -- your-sub-domain.trap17.combut you cant change it.you can only change your own sub domain -- your-own-sub-domain.your-sub-domain.trap17.com

yes, i got this problem with addon domains... i got 2 added domains, but one of them is causing troubles, because when i want to install b2evolution into the added domain folder it says i cant, so then i tried to erased the folder by using ftp but i couldnt erased it T_T im thinking of deleting the added domain/ (consequentely the folder too) and then run the b2evolution script and then add the domain from the add-on domain option . . . do you think it will work?

i was wondering would the root directory like /home/iwuvcook be different for the add on domain or another just as if it was hosted on by itself on an account. or does it share the trap account root directory like /home/iwuvcook/goggle?

I believe the Addon domains are setup as a SUB domain for your account. If your account is /iwuvcook, and you want to add google.com to your account as an addon domain, it will be /iwuvcook/google.com. Xisto will KNOW that google.com gets redirected to the directory /iwuvcook/google.com once you add it as an add on. (Actually, I think on Xisto the directory would be /iwuvcook/google-com)You could also access the same directory using google-com.iwuvcook.trap17.comThis is because your addon domain is acutally a sub domain of your main account.

i really want to know how to add on a sub domain to your domain.For example webpage.something.cominstead of redirect it to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

When you click to a different page ... example.. a mid.htmlthe address will bewebpage.something.com/mid.html

instead of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

like how Xisto.com is giving out subdomain.. like mine is blah1234.trap17.comehh.. sorry.. .if i didn't explain it very well, it's pretty late here and i want to go to sleep. =P

I am assuming you already have your domain added to your Xisto account.In cpanel, goto Subdomains under site management tools. Then in the first dropdown you can select your domain that you added. Type in the subdomain name you want for your domain in the box to the left of the drop down.This will create the subdomain