xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xevian

Astahost And Trap17 Is there a difference?

I went to the Xisto website just now, its also a post-to-host message board which seems to baffle me... Here in Xisto, it says welcome to Xisto in this website, then Xisto is a different hosting website? Can someone help me figure this out? I'm a newbie... :P

Astahost an Xisto - both are like sister sites - both of them offering free hosting in exchange of good posts, though the terms and regulations as to what constitutes a good posts - differs slightly on these two boards. The posting rules vary too - but all marginally. I believe, Xisto was opened first and then came Xisto. There's yet another hosting solution named Xisto - Web Hosting.Com which offers extremely low-priced paid hosting plans for those who do not want to involve themselves with the forums and don't care about free hosting. All these sites spawned one after the other and all fall into an ever-expanding network of sites under the master brandname Xisto. Hope this helps you get a picture of whats going on :P

For more info & the bigger picture refer to: https://xisto.com/

---------------------------------------------
Am moving this into another forum, since this isn't the right place for this post.
m^e

That - I've no idea about :P If the revenue generated across all these sites is good enough - the network either expands or more investment is done into better servers & software.. either way - it absolutely depends on the decision makers in this company.. :P

I suppose you are working for them, microscopic^earthling? This is a wild guess as I'm not here long and not familliar with everything. Just asking, but does is the internet unlimited? Is there boundless space in the cyber world?

Well am not working for them in the strictest sense - but yeah I'm helping out in this forum and also helping in moderation of the posts, in exchange of the excellent free hosting they provide.... You could call the internet unlimited in a sense - as long we don't run out of address space (IPv4), we can have theoretically, 255,255,255,255 users connecting simultaneously with the ability to share whatever data there is on their hard drives... Assuming that the average user has at least 20GB of HDD Space with data that they are willing to share - that brings us to: 5,105,105,105,100 GB of data sprawled over a massive worldwide network... pretty astounding figure I must say.. But I say theoretically because, a big part of this address space (10.x.x.x and 192.x.x.x) region is reserved for private network IPs... But then again with the gradual implementation of IPv6 that's currently happening, eventually we'll have 1,000,000 times more computers than now - connecting to the net... Imagine the amount of shared data on such a network.. would you call it anything short of unlimited ?? I mean can you ever think of downloading all that data in your lifetime or in several ???

Whoa... Downloading that much information is mind boggling! So as long as people make and use computers, the cyberspace will live forever right? Wonder what might happen to the cyberspace in the future, maybe taken over by a newer programme and has become obsolete! I'm thinking too much...