xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gangsta_zar

The Future Of Gaming

What does everyone think the future of gaming will be? Will we be able to have complete control over game characters through virtual reality? Will the graphics be so advanced that they will look completely lifelife? I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about this because I think it will be interesting to hear everyones opinions and thoughts.

I think it will be eithereverything gets too advanced that you'd rather go outside and playoreverything gets too advanced and they can't advance anymore so it's like the big crash with Atari's games. THere will be so many of the same game, that it will crash the market. So then we have to start over with 32 bit games.

i think, hopefully, maybe, crhist willing, the game designing companies will realize that graphics don't make good games. i think we're taking a good step with the DS, but regretibly, sony and microsoft find creative gaming to expensive for them, so they try and portray nintendo as crap. but i would like to cite the example of viewtiful joe vs realism, 2004. realism states that mr. joe looked nothing like real. mr. joe then responded with a dazzling rebuttle of, "i'm so frreakin viewtiful, to heck with realism!" and mr. joes attorney won the case.with this compelling evidence(there are other examples, but i'm tired) remember that graphics don't always make the game.

While doom 3 was pretty, ths story/gameplay/scariness was just a rehash of past first person shooters. If its gonna be pretty, make it good like resident evil 4 or the suffering. I would much rather play doom 95, sans demonic symbols and prettyness. I STILL play starfox-the snes one- regularly. Because it was new and refreshing. Nothing else came close to it. Now, its all been done. The only thing that was getting new/refreshing recently was final fantasy before xi joined the ever growing group of mmorpg's. Eventually, we'll all be playing 8bit games and wishing for mode7 again. And the superfx chip. Lol. Peace

i still don't see why we have to be so pessimistic. nintendo can always be counted on to deliver the quality goods. have some imagination, lacking.while the game cube had far fewer titles then the PS2 or death-box, it had just as many high quality ones, if not more.

I'm thinking about something like The Matrix... :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, i don't know how far into the future it would be, but i think we will be able to jack in and it will be just like real life and it will be a multiplayer game with thousounds of people playing, it would be past virtual reality, u can acualy be hurt(to make it more realistic)

Future of Gaming?Could be absolutely anything from virtual reality to extremely life-like graphics.Personally, the 100% lifelike graphic thing I think will come first. Just because that'd be easier to accomplish. Hell, it could probably be done now but it'd be a bigass game, not in content, and it wouldn't be able to run on any of the current systems.Virtual Reality though, could probably also be done with extensive work sometime soon. Of course it must be taken into account that anyone with the technology and abilities to make these games would be using it for far more important research.That's just my opinion, you know.Take it however you want and do whatever you want with it.Though a first person shooter with 100% life-like graphics in virtual reality would be amazing :)

if there is real 100% "life-like graphics" how would you tell the difference? nothings beats the real life reality of gaming. like paintballing, football, things like that. downside to that it might cost a bomb to get all the gadgets for lifelike gaming. see in the old times they were like £50 to get brand new megadrive or snes. now for a playstatoin2 or xbox its like £200 at the start. so think about the costs!maybe to make the game in high detail it will take years or a whole big massive team to complete it. if it takes that much time too that would cost a bomb too!

I don't know about you but I don't think it would be a good idea to have 100% real graphics. ESPECIALLY in an FPS, having it that realistic would be too real. Thats what makes video games great: its not real. Could you imagine how shocking and horrifing it would be to play a game like DOOM 3 or somethign of the like but have it look real. That would be far from anything fun thats for sure. Or in a game like the Battlefield series having a full scale battle going on but having real graphics would send some people to the hospital. So no I don't want to have 100% real graphics, however, I don't mind having graphics that do look good and real but I believe the need for an animated/cartoonish look will always be needed.

i agree, i don't know how far into the future it would be, but i think we will be able to jack in and it will be just like real life and it will be a multiplayer game with thousounds of people playing, it would be past virtual reality, u can acualy be hurt(to make it more realistic)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree on the part where everyone would be able to get on the internet as a multiplayer game, but about the being hurt thing... If its goes wrong, someone could actually die! Its best if its real life-like but not with the pain, some people have low pain tolerance...

the graphics will likely be much better and more realistic
the games will probably be more interactive with more advanced ai.

they may also be more complicated

Actually, the graphics will be near life like instead of what we have now... Maybe 3d headgears to do a sort of surround visual gaming experience! Of course there will be better A.I! It is rather obvious that game programmers will try to make the game as complicated as possible with more A.I, the storyline longer, more complicated and even try making it... with some twists and turns!

What does everyone think the future of gaming will be? Will we be able to have complete control over game characters through virtual reality? Will the graphics be so advanced that they will look completely lifelife? I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about this because I think it will be interesting to hear everyones opinions and thoughts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well with 64 bit just coming out you can expect that games will start using it in a few years (when it becomes mainstream not just top of the line) with 64 bit you can have alot more ram (only 4Gb with 32) but 100'sx more with 64 bit faster graphics cards and engines will be open to use and so every aspect of gaming will take a leap forward... I expect that in more years to come top of the line broadband may become common (as 2Mb is only ÂŁ50 a month now) which would allow for mass multiplayer... MMO's are becoming more popular... maybe some proper MMOFPS's?... planetside was the 1st but due to limits... headshots etc cant be done and its not that advanced... so maybe we will end up not with mere skirmishes online.. but full scale wars in an FPS etc etc.... its all possible...

Also complete manipulation of the game world, ie blow holes in anything... scratch your name there... blah blah blah