xisto Community
skpanda

Search Engine For My Site!

hi guyz.i have a site!!now i want to have a search engine on my site....that wud ...give the user an option...to search the net....or my site!!to be frank....i dont know wats behind this..!!can ne body..temme..how to accomplish this!!Please temme links..tools....what ever (but it shud be free)!!

It's free and customizable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But can i remove Google Logo!!??

See basically...

i want to create a page on my site..that will get displayed..with all search results.

With this code u suggested what i can make out is..that....once an user enters some search....a google page will get displayed!!

Please temme if i am wrong...and suggest me....what i can do to accomplish my above requirement!!

Thanks a Ton!!

Satya

You can use the Google search in your website as a co-branded search.. I'm using this on my search page ... example...

You may also customize various other search engines to work in conjunction with you page as you'll see from the example page...

Good Luck.. R.A.

Cool!!i will try out this!!and let u know a example!!One piece of info:can neone gimme a link...which provided free scripts (in php or watever) to give advance search options...and certainly....FREE!! to get!!Thanks!!

Hi there,

There are lot of Open source code are available for Setting a PERSONALIZED search engine for your web site. PERSONALIZED in the sense your own Stylish result pages, filters, Restrictions, and Options to store Spired data in either database (Usually MySql) or as a Text file or in a binary file format.

And these Search Programms are in PHP, some of them in JSP. I used one PHP based Search engine for my web site, and the search engine name is "isearch"
just visit the site

http://www.isearchthenet.com/isearch/

To download the PHP search Script.

And visit the https://sourceforge.net/ and Search the site by giving the search Key as "java,php, Search Engine" and am Sure u will get 2 or more open source Search engines.(That i remember).

Any thing do u need feel free to post your question here.

Regards
Arunkumar.H.G

If you try to look at the cpanel you could see an enthropy search there. It might be a good search engine for your site, but I am warning you, hehehe it searches everything even your .php code.

But can i remove Google Logo!!??

Well,,,, yes, you can, but you're not supposed to remove it. I like it though. I think it lloks good to have a sereach "powered by Google" Then people know how goo it is. Thats just my opinion

See basically...i want to create a page on my site..that will get displayed..with all search results.

With this code u suggested what i can make out is..that....once an user enters some search....a google page will get displayed!!

There are some ways to get around this. One thing I have done is used frames (I don't do it anymore, because I don't like frames) and just have your serach, in one frame, but keep another one that has some links back to your page. Another thing you could do is have the serach open a new window, then when they are done searching they can close that window and be back to your page. Thats what I would do If I were you. Have fun!

If you want customised search results pages, you must be prepared to download and install those search scripts to your own server. If you want a quick and easy solution, the best is Google's free search service or Freefind.

hi guyz.

i have a site!!

now i want to have a search engine on my site....

that wud ...give the user an option...to search the net....or my site!!

to be frank....i dont know wats behind this..!!

can ne body..temme..how to accomplish this!!

Please temme links..tools....what ever (but it shud be free)!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want intergration then I would advise using a PHP script instead of a remotely hosted solution.

Cool!!

i will try out this!!

and let u know a example!!

One piece of info:

can neone gimme a link...which provided free scripts (in php or watever) to give advance search options...

and certainly....FREE!! to get!!

Thanks!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A google search will get you links to free scripts :) That's the best advice I can give you. That way you can also select a script based on the features, since we can't possibly know what it is that you want. It took me a second to know that "neone" is anyone and "temme" tell me or give me. When you do decide to do a google search for scripts, I'd use "normal" English LOL :(

I believe that you can use the google engine, because google has a service for that... I don't know exactly how it works, but it works good. Some sites also have it.

I try to upgrade my MySQL server from 4.018 to 4.1.10a.Firstly, I downloaded mysql-4.1.10a (not the essential one) for win XPThen I install the new version after the old version was uninstalled.After the installation process, Instance Configurator comes up to help for the configuration.But an error occured when it try to start the MySQL service.Error messageis "cannot create windows service for MySQL. Error:0"So my MySQL server cannot be started. It is running win XP on my computer.Does anybody can tell me what is wrong?.

yes im new and i hav a site toowat is the seo really about and how does it helps?how can i gain access to this thing ?and what is the effectiveness?benefts will be promoting your own website right?who is there with an answer?