xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skpanda

Html Tutes

sorry i shud have asked ne links...other than...w3schools!!(infact u will see a link for w3schools..on my site...this is where i started)infact..i was suggesting this link to somebody in some other thread!!i expect...neother link other than w3schools!! and which has advanced..and good techniques!!Njoy!!Satya

eh...i never tried w3c, but then again i didn't learn my coding off tutorials =P

if you want single codes, there's always http://www.pixel2life.com/ though they give you single code tutorials, if you do enough of them, you can start getting an idea of how html/css/php works ^_^

Depending on what you're trying to achieve it's not hard to learn HTML at all, everyone suggests w3schools because it is indeed a valuabe site to remember. Just having the HTML/XHTML reference by your side helps. HTML is the way you lay out a document, it does not involve designing the graphics, it works on how it will display it.I still suggest learn all you can from w3schools, thing is, they keep to W3C Compliancy, don't bother with learning proprietory code that limits you to only a certain browser.Other ways to learn is just by looking at other people's source codes, yet this doesn't guarantee that it's w3c compliant, unless of course they say that it is. But with messy codes from other sites, you can attempt to clean it up, simplify it more, etc. Looking at HTML templates is a good way to learn too.Learn XHTML with CSS as this is replacing the HTML standard and would be better in my honest opinion.Make sure to view it in as many browsers as you can, so you can see if there's any display inconsistancies.Cheers,MC

Whenever I'm not online, I like to read books about designing websites. These are the books I own on that topic:Sams Teach Yourself HTML 4 in 24 HoursSams Teach Yourself CSS in 24 HoursHTML 4 For DummiesCreating Web Pages For DummiesEasy Web Page Creation (Published by Microsoft Press)As you can see, I like books that make the subject easy to understand. These are pretty good books for beginners. Can anyone recomment a good beginners book on PHP?

I second HTML Dog. Unless you are one of those people who need a complete step by step walkthrough of how to put a document together, this site ia all you need to know. It teaches not only XHTML but how to encorporate it with CSS to display the XHTML presentation in different ways.

For PHP, Hudzilla is a very good online book that will take you through PHP