xisto Community
harriko

Whats Your Best Spyware Remover?

To me, no antispyware can possibly detect every threat but Spyware Doctor gave me better results than Microsoft Antispyware but well, I would use Microsoft Antispyware for real-time scanning even though it eats up a resources like an antivirus since my Spyware Doctor is in a trial version.It's like a swiss army knife, more user friendly than Spybot - Search & Destroy so if you ask me, get Microsoft Antispyware for real-time scanning, Spyware Doctor for on-demand scanning and SpywareBlaster for prevention.

I belive in System Mechanic..by iolo technologies..it is not only spy remover but much more than that..here goes its introductionSystem Mechanic® 5 keeps your PC running faster, cleaner, and error-free with its award-winning arsenal of system tools. Find and fix stubborn errors, clean up junk and debris, optimize Internet and download speeds, ensure personal security, and maintain your computer for peak performance. Version 5 contains a multitude of new and improved tools such as a boot-time defragmentation tool; a universal software uninstaller to completely remove applications; a software relocater to move any program from one location to another; Startup Guard to prevent rogue programs from automatically starting with Windows; SafetyNet, a multi-level undo tool that can reverse tool actions; and much more!NetBooster turbocharges your Internet and download speeds by optimizing hidden network settings in Windows for maximum velocity. Start-up Windows fasterConfigure the programs that load when Windows does in order to streamline system start-up speeds for the fastest possible performance. High-speed disk defrag and optimizationDramatically increase your hard drive speed and reliability with the disk defrag and optimization tool that employs proprietary Caterpillar Technology for flawless results everytime. NEW boot-time defragmentation even lets you defrag system files before Windows starts. Recover, defragment, & optimize system memoryRenegade applications steal away RAM without giving it back. Memory Mechanic recovers memory to increase system speed and prevent crashes. Tweak hundreds of hidden Windows settingsFine-tune and optimize hundreds of undocumented Windows features that affect appearance, security, performance, your network, and more. System Mechanic's PC repair tools are designed to fix stubborn and annoying computer problems. Clean and optimize your system registryThe Windows Registry is a critical element of your PC. Over time, it becomes cluttered and slow. System Mechanic's powerful Registry tools clean, backup, compact, and defragment your Registry for optimal performance. Find and fix broken shortcutsClean up your Desktop and Start Menu by re-linking or removing broken Shortcut links. Now you can easily move programs, files, or directories to a different location and re-link their existing shortcuts automatically. System Mechanic's cleanup tools assist you in cleaning up unnecessary clutter and debris from your system. Get rid of junk files on your PCFind and remove hazardous and space-wasting debris left by untidy programs, crashes, and unexpected restarts or shutdowns. Find and remove duplicate filesClean up error-causing and space-wasting duplicate files and drivers. Easily find duplicate files on your system to be removed. Stop annoying Internet popup advertisementsTired of endless pop-ups advertisements that never stop? Eliminate popup advertisements and speed up your Internet experience with Popup Stopper! Completely uninstall any applicationCompletely and safely remove any unwanted application on your computer - even if the application doesn't come with its own uninstaller. Cover the tracks you leave behindPlaces you visit on the Internet, the programs and the files you use, and more are tracked every day. Keep this sensitive information private.System Mechanic's security tools help you protect and secure your computer and sensitive information. Eliminate PC parasites with Spython™By merely visiting certain sites or installing software, there may be more information going out from your computer than you are aware of - and some of it is potentially dangerous. Spython hunts down and destroys annoying adware and malware parasites with pinpoint accuracy! Startup Guard™: Increase PC security!Automatically detect and prevent rogue programs, such as spyware, adware, viruses, trojans, and other annoying applications, from adding themselves to the Windows start-up configuration. Effectively add an additional layer of security to your PC with System Mechanic's Startup Guard™. Easily undo any action with SafetyNet™Selectively undo any action performed with System Mechanic at any time. SafetyNet™ keeps track of all reversible actions performed with System Mechanic, so you can undo an individual action, or a complete transaction. Securely delete sensitive informationIncinerator™ allows you securely delete and remove traces of a file or folder's existence, securing your sensitive data to government and military standards. Track changes with system snapshotsMonitor the precise current status of your system now and track all changes that have taken place since your last system snapshot.System Mechanic's maintenance tools easily maintain your computer to keep it smooth, fast, and error-free. Easy PC maintenance wizardThe ultimate in convenience! Perform critical repair, tune-up, maintenance, and security functions all from a single, easy to use interface. Schedule your PC's maintenanceLet System Mechanic automatically care for your PC with its built-in scheduled upkeep. Keep your PC running at maximum performance! Easily move any programEasily move any program to a new drive or folder on your system with System Mechanic's new software relocater. The software relocater will handle preserving all the application's configuration and settings. Easy access with the Utility BarThe Utility Bar is a dockable utility bar that gives you access to useful system information and tools - even when System Mechanic is not running. Access logs and system statisticsComprehensive activity monitoring and statistics let you look under the hood and see your PC's improvements for yourself.

I have spybot and adaware, have tried noadware, and others like it, which caught a lot that the programs that i have didnt, only to have them tell me that i had to purchase in order to clear the items.

My first was AdWare which i was informed about by my Bro. That was and is great but it came up with a hell of a lot of stuff which were not spyware but i think it couldn't distinguish between them. The second was Spy Sweeper, that was very good. The third i used and still use is Bazooka Spyware Scanner. Bazooka is extremly good and small and it leads you to webpages which give you a full descriptions on how to remove the spyware.I would say it is a toss up between Adware and Bazooka... i cannot decide. :(

Hmm... I think the best spyware scanner is AntiSpyware by Microsoft, because it understands the windows system more than Lavasoft. However, the best way to prevent spyware is to not got to *those* sites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are definitely wrong. Microsoft Antispyware is based on GIANT Antispyware just after Microsoft bought the company and gave its user interface a new look It still connects to the GIANT company website for the latest definitions. But even in beta stage development, I do think Microsoft Antispyware ain't that bad only that you may wish to disable some of the "Security Agent Checkpoints" such as "Windows Messenger Service" (If you have already disabled the service via services.msc and "WiFi Connection" if you don't have one to make sure it doesn't take up too much resources.

Right now, I'm using AdAware SE with MS Anti-spyware. I prefer to use a combination, because some programs pick up stuff that the other doesn't. Before MS anti spywae, I used AAW SE and spy sweeper.

To scan for spyware, I use two programs.1) AdawareA very sheek and user-friendly interface. It takes about 10 minutes to scan and gets good results.2) Spybot Search and DestroyThis program will pick up what Adaware doesn't. These programs are both free and together they effectively remove spyware from your system.Of course, the best way to have no spyware on your computer is to prevent it in the first place. I use a program called Firefox to browse the internet and it is, by far, secure and severely reduces the amount of spyware you get on your computer. I think over a period of 3 months, I had 2 spyware entries... and they were only tracking cookies (nothing serious).