xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JimBeam1405241475

Carom3d Online Multiplayer Billiards Game

I didn't know exactly which subforum to put this in, so I'm sorry if you guys don't thikn it belongs in here, but it is a billiards simulator game.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else on these boards play Carom3D? It is undoubtadly the best (free) online multiplayer billiards game. The graphics and physics of this game are amazing, especially for a free application. For anyone who hasn't played it before, the range of games you can play are;
-8 ball
-9 ball
-Rotation ball
-Card ball
-Short Snooker
-Long Snooker
-4 ball
-6 ball
-3 cushion
I think that's all of them, but I may have missed one or two. The last three (4 ball, 6 ball, 3 cushion) are a type of billiards game on a table without pockets. Unlike other billiards games in which the aim is to pot the balls into the pockets to score points or clear the table, the aim of these games is to hit the different balls on the table in certain combinations to score points. These games are very hard, and will earn you more points for a win as well as subtract more points for a loss than the other regular billiards games. In general, the difficulty of the game type decides what point gain/loss you will receive at the end of a game.
This game is very fun, not only because of the wide range of game types available, but because you are given a rating for each game type, and an overall skill level. You start with a rating of 1000, and skill level of a silver chalk. The more you win, the more rating and skill level points you gain. Skill levels advance through; Chalk>Ring>Medal>Trophy>Laurel Crown>Crown with a bronze/silver/gold level for each category. For example, at the moment my account is at the Silver Trophy level, next will be Gold Trophy and then Bronze Laurel Crown. These different skill levels gives you something to aim for, adding to the enjoyment of the game. And believe me, it aint easy to level up quickly, especially once you hit the trophy stage, it's taken me about 3000 games to get to where I am.
Anyway that's enough chatter from me, just go and check out the game if you haven't played it before at;

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Or if you already do play it, reply here and maybe I can show you how the proffessionals do it ;) j/k, I'd just like to know if anyone else plays this.