xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EkkO

Dual Monitors? Single Vs. Dual Monitors

in order to use duel monitors, you will need a video card that supports itit can be good for games but might slow the game down because it will require more processingit can also be good for other applications where you need to keep track of a lot of things

Does it work for games? I mean... let's take Medal of Honor. The gun is in the middle of the screen, so if the screen is splitted in 2 monitors, there would be half a gun in each screen?Or how does it work? becouse if it splits half and half, then I say it's a baaaaaaad idea, maybe unless both monitors are extremly close.

Dual monitors can be good for gameplay as you have a truly panoramic experience. I dont know about the lagging to which you referred. When using an editing program like Adobe Premiere, dual monitors becomes extremely advantageous because you can spread all the palletes and windows out. The X700 pro supports overlay so video editing on dual monitors should be fine. Also, since the computer only sees one "widescreen" video card most the dialog boxes will pop up right in the middle with half being on each monitor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nVidia has a feature to prevent that from happening.

and the great majoridy of games DO NOT SUPPORT DUALVIEW!!! they will blank out a screen! It is a greater tax on the GPU too, as i cannot use my S-Video and the DVI connectors with out overriding an overheat protection.

My friend set up dual screens for his computer because he was working on a 3D project, and I've seen how it works. Basically you can customise it so that you don't "stretch" your screen, but add another chunk to it. Like you can have two different wallpapers on the two screens. One screen has the taskbar, the other doesn't, but both screens have desktop real estate, which means you can have files and shortcuts strewn all over both screens. He customises it so that all his video and movie files will pop up on the secondary one (the one without the taskbar) and then he can fullscreen the video and it will only fullscreen on the secondary one, whilst he would be able to talk on msn or surf the net with the other screen. About the "gap", it doesn't matter, because virtually there will be no "gap". Your cursor will flow smoothly from one screen to another, the programming of what goes on which monitor doesn't depend on your positioning of the monitors, which means you can probably put on in front of you and one behind you, move your cursor off the edge of one and see it pop up immediately at the edge of the other. Which makes for a really cool effect. Get enough monitors and make a ring. Surround sound? No... Surround Screen! *laugh*Technically I can set up an external monitor and have additional screen real estate too... but no monitor... >_<