xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-=Wrighty=-

Rome:total War

The gameplay is superb, it has amazing graphics. The fight scenes are awesome, it quickly loads battles with over 3000 men. The tactical side of the battlefield of great, formations can win or lose you a battle. Whether choosing to skirmish or head straight on it a win or lose question. The Campaign map is absolutely amazing, you do no long, have something in a region to attack it, you have to move to actually at the army, basically meaning, you can be in the same region as an army but not attacking it. Now you also have to deal with forests(can be used to ambush an enemy) and Moutainpasses.

I like the tbs part most... So much options, so much to do... ;) The realtime part is cool, but there are some "bugs" which kill the fun... Like when you're trying to get your army in a town, or when you try to pass a bridge or something. The game doesn't handle such "bottleneck" situations very well...

This game is cool!!

The gameplay is superb, it has amazing graphics. The fight scenes are awesome, it quickly loads battles with over 3000 men. The tactical side of the battlefield of great, formations can win or lose you a battle. Whether choosing to skirmish or head straight on it a win or lose question.
The Campaign map is absolutely amazing, you do no long, have something in a region to attack it, you have to move to actually at the army, basically meaning, you can be in the same region as an army but not attacking it. Now you also have to deal with forests(can be used to ambush an enemy) and Moutainpasses.

And it really makes u feal ur a part of the Roman empire ....
It is just great so PLAY it !!

Yes itis a great strategy game. Its amazing how they combined the campaign map with real time battles. In the campaign map you move armies around and attack other factions. You can also set things like tax rate and decide what buildings to create in the provinces.The best part about this game is the real time battles. They are huge with thousands of detailed units fighting at once. Based on where the armies are on the campaign map determines where they will appear on the strategy map.

Yeah, Rome: Total War is definitely a great game. It does make you feel like you're a part of the Roman Empire. The formations and units are all very realistic and are from Roman history. The battles are pretty interesting too although they take a bit of time to load. The campaign map is also pretty fun and you get to build up your cities and move your armies. Overall, its a really good game.

I believe they were even using this game to simulate real battles, I could be very wrong but who knows.I've heard that there is a lot of micro-management, such as having to constantly click around stuff and click here and there and everywhere. Is this true, like its not very effecient for your mouse clicks?

I played it and I personally don't like it. The game is very complex and unlike being able to move your units separtely like in other strategy games, you have to keep your units together. I also don't like the fact that I'm on a budget and have keep paying for new soldiers and repaying them, unlike in other games where you buy a soldier and then you dont have to pay anymore.