xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
givn1405241478

Windows Code Name Longhorn(lh)

Man, and just when I thought that they were doing better with their Royale aka "energy blue" theme for Windows XP. This looks horrible, in my opinion. That MSN bar is huge and very unnecessary. I'm probably biased though since I'm a linux user as well as a minimalist when it comes to my desktop.

Man, and just when I thought that they were doing better with their Royale aka "energy blue" theme for Windows XP.  This looks horrible, in my opinion.  That MSN bar is huge and very unnecessary.  I'm probably biased though since I'm a linux user as well as a minimalist when it comes to my desktop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Completely agree with that. The msn bar, though probably disposable, consumes a huge part of the screen (strikingly similar to the old MSN Channel Bar - don't you think?). And if that's the all new Start Menu, I think I'm going to start using XP ;) Dont know how the final product will come out - but the whole interface looks immensely bloated up and shaky.... it still has a long way to go before it can catch up with the finesse thats been present in the Mac interface since day 1.

Whoa. Sure looks flashy. Linuxers may not like its bloatedness, but the Windows Newbies might--depends on how you look at it. Who knows? Good thing Linux has some time to come up with their own products before Longhorn finally comes out.

in my thougt i thinx windos longhorn will be the best os all over the world beacuse of things1-the style is so beauty when we compare with windows xp and me2-it is so fast in installing it insatall will take about 15 min only 3-it will be soo faster on the internetbut i thinx we have some problem in using it like1-will be soo hard to use it in PIII2-soo hard t use it

in my thougt i thinx windos longhorn will be the best os all over the world beacuse of things

1-the style is so beauty when we compare with windows xp and me

2-it is so fast in installing it insatall will take about 15 min only

3-it will be soo faster on the internet

but i thinx we have some problem in using it like

1-will be soo hard to use it in PIII

2-soo hard t use it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Givn: Good to hear your optimistic views about longhorn... welcome to Xisto & keep posting ;)

3-it will be soo faster on the internet

Thats what they said about windows '98.
Frankily from a desicn perspective, its an ugly design, way to flashy and graphics dependent. It looks like something for a child its so cartoony. I was expecting them to improve the XP look and feel, but once again they make an inferior product. WTF man WTF?

WHOEVER FOOLED YOU "givn "

is very stupid .. this is not Windows Longhorn , first off the latest build ( avaialble now is 4047 , version 4083 is leaked too) and I am using it

the thing you viewed up there is a SKIN for StyleXP a skinning program for Windows XP ... not the longhorn SKIN dude .

I have longhorn installed and it LOOKS NOTHING .. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE THIS ,even for a SKIN THIS IS EXTRA LAME SKIN , SUCKS in other words

so i dunno if YOU are fooling us or someone fooled you but I am going to PROVIDE the REAL screenshots of Longhorn , not THE FAKE ONES u posted .

images provided © Neowin.net

Main Desktop:

this is the default Windows SLATE SKIN

Posted Image

My Computer

JADE skin ( i think )

Posted Image

Internet Explorer 6.05 ( and hopefully 7.0 )

SLATE skin

Posted Image

and yes IE is still EMBEDED in windows and Msn Messenger 7.0 will be .. ( SO FAR ) so sue microsoft again and to hell with netscape ;)

as for the sidebar it has an analog clock and Windows groups all alerts ( new hardware installed / msn messenger messages / email alerts // all windows alerts ) and groups critical information

They say that the current Microsoft Antispyware BETA application ( avialable freely for download ) will be FINAL in longhorn security center , the cool news is that you're version has to be legit so update your security center ;) but i am sure somone will get arround this ..

anyways , Windows Longhorn does use more memory ( so far in the betas ) over XP but I hope it's taking more money and offering more stability ... I just love it , dont use it as my Default OS ( build 4074 ) because it comes bundled with DirectX9.0 .. and many new games i play requires DX9.0C .. which cannot be installed on Longhorn , the setup is also a beeeeeze .. you just put in the CD ( btw the image u provided for the CD is also fake ) autorun .. click 2 Nexts ( enter username / cd-key / location of the installion ) no more users interference .. it completes the setup ( 14 minutes on my system ) and you get in ...

it needs alittle bit clicking here and there to get used to but it's really great !

I hope they release it soon .

wow ! and i thought WindowsXP was too cuddley, fluffy and child like.it looks like the kind of interface you expect on a childrens game, like "maths fun" or the sims.too much wasted space on the screen.

haha.. tattoo..leave the poor kid alone ;)  i say let there be both linux & winblows - if the world is a happier place that way ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, not an attack at him, just at whoever is designing for microsoft now. I'm sure there will be some great heavily modified theames for the OS, just not impressed with the example that is given. And hopefuly they'll fix the problems with IE and that will improve browsing. Once again, sorry if I offended you, it was just some general reflections.

God the interface makes me sick, please someone make a good theme for it.

Way too much wasted space on the 'real one' not enough empty space on the 'fake one' By the way, Ive not seen that skin on Style Xp, (use it for my family pc, they don't understand Linux) what is is called and where is it?

WHOEVER FOOLED YOU "givn "

is very stupid .. this is not Windows Longhorn , first off the latest build ( avaialble now is 4047 , version 4083 is leaked too) and I am using it

the thing you viewed up there is a SKIN for StyleXP a skinning program for Windows XP ... not the longhorn SKIN dude .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, at least these pics are an improvement. Still ugly though.