xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Can Anyone Explain Me The Idea Behind astahost email logins....

Hi, This isn't any hosting help request. Just wanted to know how the Xisto email works... It's hooked to my domain, right.. So my email logins should be "user" for an email that like: user@mydomain.com .. But instead my pop logins for downloading mails are "user+mydomain.com" and it's corresponding passwd. Why does the pop logins take this shape (not that it's a hindrance) - just curious. :PThanksP.S. the title of this post was supposed to be "Can anyone explain me the idea......." instead it became "Can anyone email me the idea..." .. lol.. just a typo + being grossly unmindful ;) .. hehe[NilsC]OK, I edited your title for you... happy now ;) [/NilsC]

Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

Is this similar to the one I answered here?

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/81796-topic/?findpost=1064287780

this explains pop3 and smtp setup for outlook express. (using registry settings)

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no... I can access my pop mail all fine. It doesn't have to do with how to fetch my pop mail from the Xisto accounts - that works fine for me. What strikes me funny is that all the email accounts I create have the login name in the following format: "username+microsys-asia.info". It's not a problem, but just wanted to know why it happens like that.

Thanks

It's actually the same way on all email servers You can use

yourmail@yourdomain.astahost.com

yourmail+yourdomain.astahost.com

yourmail.yourdomain.astahost.com

yourmail

It all depends on how the server parses the username. Som email programs can use "yourmail" only and it takes the rest from your mx address after the mail.yourdomain.astahost.com

It's how you are recognized.

Nils

I use webmaster@Xisto.com_NOSPAM format for logging in. You can use + or @. Anything is fine with the server :PI am closing this topic as the topic issue stands resolved.