xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harriko

Best Vbr Mp3 Ripper

is there any good viriable bit rate mp3 ripper around. im having trouble finding them. there so many around but so many are fake which are not variable! i just want to rip some tracks from a album onto my pc and listen to them from my hardrive instead of changin cds back and forth for the correct tracks to listen to. when on the hard drive with a couple of clicks I can listen to them which leisure!!thanks!

There are some programs to rip cds that they are paid o free, but variable bitrate compression depends on mp3 compressor that you are using and not the program, the best for me and free is Lame mp3 encoder using audiograbber. The options for variable bitrate are pretty good, check this screenshot:

Posted Image

you can choose between diferents types of methods for best result.

Just donwload the audiograbber from here and in the same page, you can download Lamemp3 Enconder, just download it and extract in the same directory where audiograbber was installed.

If you have some questions post in here.

greets

Deivid

I was using Audiograbber for a long time & really liked it till I found Easy CD-DA Extractor - extremely fast encoding and supports loads of different encoding formats including VBR upto 320Kbps. Try it @ https://www.poikosoft.com/

This is what they've to say about their sw, and believe me - it lives right upto the last word....

Latest version: 8.0

Easy CD-DA Extractor Rips Audio CD's ...

* High performance CD-ripping

* Copies "Copy-Protected" CD's

* Reads badly scratched CD's

* Download disc data from the freedb

* Advanced sound processing

* Supports CD-Text

* Supports ID3, ID3V2, and other format specific metadata

... Converts audio file formats...

* Convert audio files from a format to another

* Advanced sound processing

* Supports ID3, ID3V2, and other format specific metadata

... and Creates Audio CD's

* Writes Audio CD's that are compatible with all CD-players

* Writes CD-Text

* Supports Cue Sheet (.cue) files

* Supports buffer underrun prevention technologies

Audio CD Ripper

Audio File Format Converter

Audio CD Creator

Easy CD-DA Extractor supports following audio file formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, Windows Media Audio 8, Windows Media Audio 9, Windows Media Audio 9.1, Ogg Vorbis, MP4, M4A, AAC, FLAC, Musepack, VQF, WAV, AIFF, Monkey's Audio, and Shorten. Also, the Nero Digital (Nero AAC) is supported if you have the Nero Burning ROM installed on your computer.

thanks! will audio grabber encode it to mp3 to the same quality as cd? o yeh if i encode a song in 320kbps CBR (constant bit rate) which is the highest quality and compare it to VBR (varible bit rate) and it has less memory space will the quality be the same? thanks again!

If you're going to encode in 320kbps VBR there is no reason why you shouldn't just use Monkey Audio or any other lossless encoder, since there will be always a large amount of quality lost by encoding into any lossy format, and if you really care about the sound it makes then it's worth investing in Monkey Audio (which is of course free)