xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chris1234

Cpanel, Too Complicated A Simple Cpanel

there seem to be soo many options available on this cpanel business. For anyone who is not particularly clued up it is rather too much i find.I was imagingin i upload and thats it and then suddenly here is a box with 100 different options, I need a simpleton version! is there such a thing (just need a mailbox and the website whih will not be change very often), (and if it is hanges i do it by ftp).thanks chris

Chris you are in the right place. You have to setup your MX record for the mail to work (at least if you like to receive mail) ;)

Ignore the options... all 100. Upload your first page / homepage and if you call it index.html the it will show up when you type your url. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you need help with the MX record, just use mail.yours.astahost.com to setup the mx record. "yours" is your webspace name (I don't remember what it was, I suffer from CRS)

upload your files into the public_html and try it out. ;)

Nils