xisto Community
chris1234

What Is The Best Digital Camera

I think the best for the money is a nikon d70, it is one of the cheapest SLRs, but is excellent quality, very fast with ful manual control features. Only downside is that it has only 6mps.My second choice is the Panasonic DMC-FZ20, this has got a great lens for a compact camera.chris

Nikon, of course!I have Nikon's lower-end Digital Camera with 2.1 Mega Pixel!It has 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. What more- it can shoot video clips too - though without sound. But thats OK.Rest all Higher-end Nikon cameras have sound too.So, dont invest your money in anything else.

It all depends on what you want to pay and how "pro" you are... There are so many types and so many price classes. I guess there is one golden rule: don't get fixed on the "megapixel", there is many more to it... ;)

I am using Panasonic DMC-FZ20 , it is pretty good .However , Nikon D70 is a D-SLR camera , it is not equal to Panasonic DMC-FZ20 .If your budget tell you suitable to buy Nikon D70 . I think you do not buy Panasonic DMC-FZ20 . The quailty of Nikon D70 is much better then Panasonic DMC-FZ20 .

i bought me a hp 850 about 2 years ago. it was a great camera at that time. i wanted an impressive zoom, and the hp 850 has an 8x optical zoom and was affordable. 4mpx and stuff. but the borders get a bout "rounded", straigh lines become curved at the edges. besides that, it's a good cam for amateurs. the batteries last really long! screen is good. another bad thing is that you can't save pictures in tiff. only jpeg and their compression lacks precision when taking pictures of thin lines.if i had the money, i'd go for a canon eos or a nikon.whatever you do, go for a traditional photography brand: canon, olympus, nikon,...the most crucial part of your cam is the lens and those brands have heaps of experience there

Nikon, of course!

I have Nikon's lower-end Digital Camera with 2.1 Mega Pixel!

It has 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. What more- it can shoot video clips too - though without sound. But thats OK.

Rest all Higher-end Nikon cameras have sound too.

So, dont invest your money in anything else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where did u get it from n and what price?(me in bangalore.. but visit ur place mumbai frequently)

I think the Best Digital Camera is the Sony 8 MP Camera!You know, the 1000 dollar one!Ummmmm, but I don't think anyone wants to really spend 1000 dollars on a digital camera >__>!so I think that the BEST Digital camera in a decent price range is a nice Hp Digital Camera that is 5 MP! My dad uses them at my school for the Yearbook, along with the *oooooo* 8 MP SOny camera, and it is awesome, AND THE SCHOOL PAID FOR IT!THats my 2 cents

I got my EZonics Mega Cam plus for $90. It's has only up to 1 Megapixel of pic quality but it works fine. Has an intelliflash feature and only has a 2.5x zoom. It does look like a toy and not a camera but it can still capture good quality images that's why I like it. I'm not gonna exchange it for SLR type cameras(or the more expensive ones), i'd rather buy a new DV Cam, so to say, i'm happy and contented with it. :P

Hmm. I used to work at a Photo Developing Shop (Kodak Express) and I developed a lot of photos taken on many different digital cameras. I would say that the really high-end DSLRs are all good, you can pick and choose which one you think is the best based on features alone. But for the prosumer or consumer digital cameras, I'd like to share some of my observations.Note: This was sometime ago, say 6 months ago, so the newer cameras from these brands might have changed the system. What I'm saying is, if you want to buy a consumer or prosumer camera, test it out first and see whether this still holds true.Olympus myu series cameras tend to take pictures that have an orange or yellow tinge, which is very obvious when the picture is taken indoors with flash. On the whole people haven't complained much about Olympus cameras other than that, just that the xD media is really expensive as compared to other types of media cards.Sony cameras are also slightly on the yellow side, but usually it's the lens that lets the picture down. You might notice that sometimes the pictures are a little soft. Especially if you compare them to something taken by a Nikon camera, for example. And the memory stick is also an expensive media.Canon cameras are so-so. CompactFlash cards and SD cards mean the media is really affordable, and on the whole, there are no prevalent colour problems with Canon cameras.Nikon and Pentax are good brands, based on their colour intepretation and the sharpness of their photos. Panasonic Lumixs are also not too bad, haven't heard really bad comments about them as yet. If shopping for a prosumer or consumer camera, usually I would recommend to my customers these three brands, Nikon being my first choice. This was based wholly on day-in day-out manipulation and colour-correcting of digital photos, and because at that point I also wanted to get a small digital camera, but I'm really finicky about colour intepretation and skin tones.Of course, these colour casts usually are only apparent when you take pictures indoors. Everyone performs relatively well outdoors. (Which is why you can see my face drain when I realise all the photos are indoors....>_<)Hope this helps. As mentioned, Pro cameras are usually worth their salt and don't suffer from any of these problems. *grin* As for me, I don't own a digital camera! *haha* I went and bought me a Nikon FM2, fully manual camera, doesn't even need batteries to run, solid piece of machinery! *ignore me, I'm strangely stubborn this way*