xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kc8yff

Asteroid In 2029, an asteroid will be viewable...

The asteroid, speculated to come near earth in 2029, will be viewable from Asia, Africa, and Europe. You better buy your tickets now! This is a once in a millenium event...

This will definetly attract lots of attention. The full article is available on CNN: CLICK HERE.

wow till 2029!! if it is going to hit us, we got loads of time to make something to destroy it. something like the films hollywood have been making for ages. hopefully it wont be a disaster though!

Things are unpredictable. Even if our technology does tell us about something accurately, it's not really perfect so there may be some flaws in their observation. It may go as they predicted it to be, it may hit us or it may be farther from the position they predicted. Only the future can tell. :P

i chuckle at an amusing idea. so terrorists wanna destroy america, right? well, if they could fly up there and use a large enough explosion, they could push the asteroid and blow up the earth. but that would be silly.

I'm in Europe and I can't wait! However I am concerned about one thing:

2004 MN4 circles the Sun, but unlike most asteroids that reside in a belt between Mars and Jupiter, the 323-day orbit of 2004 MN4 lies mostly within the orbit of Earth.
The 2029 flyby will bend the rock's path and change the circumstances of later close passes to Earth. "However, our current risk analysis for 2004 MN4 indicates that no subsequent Earth encounters in the 21st Century are of concern,"

Note the orbit of 323 days. So ever 323 days it orbits round the Earth and the Sun. What is going to happen to it to change it's orbit to make it come so close in 2029? I did laugh at the statement about the "Current Risk Analysis". In the past, most risk assessments forget to factor in one variable or another. Lets just hope it's not anything too drastic, or in 2030 could be an interesting year.... :)

I recall watching a special on the Discovery Channel when I was about eight years old that speculated on the disasterous results an asteroid impact could have on Earth.I also recall the show mentioning a possible collision in 2030, and do not remember sleeping at all that night from fear.So this is messing with my mind a little bit.Where do I plan to be around the time of this sighting? Either dead or Mars. I'm not a risk taker :)

:P Either that or we will all be pledging our allegiance to our new overlord.What with the following additions to the States of America:51st - Afghanistan52nd - IraqWhat's the betting for the 53rd?1. Syria (US is telling them to get out of Lebanon)2. Iran (row over plutonium)3. North Korea (Kim Jong Il and his nuclear missile)Who knows, maybe we will be lucky and the asteroid will save us from this fate worse than bush.

The world is getting so much thicker and ins u ch a short space of time, there are so many different prospects for our deaths now, and although we have improved in areas like health, we could die by Nuclear Holocaust, terrorism, global war, global warming, any other natural disaster etc.

That will be cool....I have always wanted to see an asteroid, as long as it isn't going to hit the Earth or anything like that....hahahaha eh!!!!

I wouldn't worrie about it, bush is going to make sure we are all dead before then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heheheheh :rolleyes: now that's a spirit :) anyway, there is a possibility that bush colaborates with asteroids too :) hehehe