xisto Community
Admiral Lyoko Samus

Halo For The Pc Mods and Hacks Galore

Does anyone else own Halo for the PC? What about Halo Custom Edition? Both have awesome multiplayer features! For example, Halo for the PC has Rocket Warthogs, Fuel Rod Guns, and Flamethrowers. Halo Custom Edition, after making with Halo Editing Kit, has custom maps, weapons, and vehicles! Also, I'm trying to set up a small clan, the Hybrid Elites [HE], so if you are ever online, look for a game titled [HE] Hybrid Elites - Tryouts.

Here are some nice modifications that I found. They usually involve patch (.ppf) files, so I hope you are computer literate and have the correct applications for applying them. ;)

Halo for the PC:

Attention! Any patches that are made to files used on both Single Player and Multiplayer (E.G. sounds.map, bitmaps.map, etc.) may create weird textures and incorrect backgrounds on certain objects. Backup your .map files BEFORE you edit them!

-The Library for Multiplayer by MonoxideC [includes Nuke Rocket Launcher]

-Assault on the Control Room (AotCR) for Multiplayer by MonoxideC [includes driveable Pelicans and Wraiths]

-Halo 2 Mod by NiTrOuSoXiDe [Mods too numerous]

All you should have to do it go to Google (https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7AkjVIatDsKH8QfNkoC4DQ&gws_rd=ssl) and search for these and you should find something of relavance.

I didn't know there was a windows edition for halo! Thanks for telling me that! I'm gonna get it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. I'm pretty sure that it won't be too hard to find. You can probably check out Wal-Mart or some specialty shop. (Found mine at Gamestop.) Only problem would be video card configurations. It's quite difficult to find the design that works best with your computer and video card. Either way, happy hunting.

My advice GET A CONSOLE 4 this game !! pc version is patethic !!This is the perfect example of a GOOD game going BAD because of s****i portation ;)Originaly the game should have been great but... they didn't make severeal gammes in paralel for every platform so they'r paying the price !!! well so do we ;)(

Hex modding the map files of Halo is awesome; the gun combinations you can get are absolutely insane.Try modding to shotgun so that instead of shooting out pellets, it shoots out tank shells or plasma cannons. The result is a gun with so much power that with one shot you can shoot a Warthog from one base in Blood Gulch all the way over to the other.

i would have to say that the PC version was not as good. On the up side was the support for new maps, mods, weapons, etc...But the downs are that the online gets lagtacular. The glitches you could do in halo for xbox are not all there.I would recomend the XBOX version. :)

Naturally I prefer Halo on pc for accuracy of aiming. I just can't get use to the xbox controls. Analog's not my thing. My resident advisor is pretty good at halo..I walked in and saw him playing some halo 2 ctf or something. He had his sens up to like 11 on xbox. Fairly accurate too. Guess I should try higher sens on it.

I have to agree with you on accuracy. Since a mouse and pad are the equivalent to a grid and reticule on the screen, and you can change your sensitivity which increases the range of the grid, accuracy is much better.

As for the glitches you were talking about, they're still there.

For example, my favorite is in Blood Gulch: Rock a "Bye Baby!"

First, get in a Warthog and find the rock in the middle of the map that's sloped. It looks like it has about 3 layers. Back it up to the rock (the underside) until it's parallel with it and right up against it. Switch to the gunner seat and move until your body is lined up with the rock as well. Then, get out and you should be inside the rock! No one can see you or hit you (with the exception of concussion weaponry such as grenades, rocket launchers, tanks, or Fuel Rod Guns)! But, make sure you are carrying small weapons, such as pistols, or you'll get spotted by the barrell sticking out! You can shoot anyone from that spot and throw grenades! I recommend you stay crouched at all times though and be on someone's team, that way you can have them take the Warthog away to leave no clues of your entrance.

It may take a few tries to get inside the rock, so you'd better make sure you either practice or have time to try a few times. Move the Warthog if you need to. ;-)