xisto Community
Admiral Lyoko Samus

The Creative Connection Get Connected

Directed Age Group: All Ages

Site Type: Forum Community (phpBB Fully Modded; "Fine-Tuning" in process)

User Registration Requirements:

-Security Code Verification

Creator: Jace Walker (Admiral Lyoko Samus)

URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ [if redirect fails, here's the hierarchy: /forum/portal.php]

The Creative Connection was a site founded to give people the freedom of creativity as well as a way to exert it into a tangible (though electronic data is technically intangible) form; all while maintaining a few moral boundaries. It's purpose is for the sole exercising of people's minds and to encourage them to become more active in mental activities.

The site has after-effects of faster Critical Thinking, larger imaginations, greater information handling, multi-tasking capabilities, and more, making it an enjoyable, yet beneficial, place to expand one's mind.

The Creative Connection offers sections for people to display their fictions and artwork as well as get some feedback (totally constructive. Destructive criticism is prohibited and strictly enforced.). We also offer a fun events called "Roleplays" or RP's. We hope to find a sufficient secondary server soon to accomodate for the vast amount of data that would be created by video and audio works soon.

Our Administration is working day and night (mostly nights) to make sure our users and the site are safe, secure, and operating efficiently, all while keeping the users out of trouble with copyright laws.

Though the site still has a few errors, including cross-browser template formatting, database corrections, and other miscellaneous and minor errors, we are confident your experience there will be free of confusing and agitating errors.

We are always looking for recruits to the Administrative team. We need a site logo, advertisement/affiliations, and (possibly) another Webmaster. Naturally, donations for space are gratefully accepted as we take great pride in our sponsors. If you would like to aid The Creative Connection, please send an e-mail regarding it to zeroequalsjrw@gmail.com or The.Creative.Connection@gmail.com Please send any questions to the latter address.

Thanks for the support. I know that we haven't had much activity lately, mainly because there has been no where that we can advertise and we have very few affiliates/sponsors, but I'm hoping that I can draw in a few more users by freeing up limitations to save space. What most disappoints me is the fact that no one has the ability, or want for that matter anyway, to do whatever they want. Either that or they don't understand the copyright laws very well. Just because I prohibit copyright infringing works, doesn't mean that un-original ideas can't be used. You can use anything, so long as the original creator is given credit. In any case, advertise to other people, please. I know this site is a good idea, but getting people to want to use original ideas seems to be unpopular. That or they don't realize that they can use anything. ;)