xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shogi

DS Or PSP? Which do you think is better?

Which do you think is better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, the DS is better. But to be fair, I'll putup a list of Pros and Cons.DS | PSP------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------Pros: Wi-Fi Connection avaliable | Wi-Fi Connection avaliableCon: Only certain games have them | Only certain games have themPros: Franchise games like Pokemon and Zelda| More mature games like GTACons: Less mature games | No Zelda/Pokemon, etcPros: Touch Screen | ?Con: Easily scratched | ?Pros: Media Manager Avaliable | Built-in media managerCon: Media Manager EXPENSIVE | Battery life may not support long enough

ya, thats pretty much wat i do with my psp. since i havent bought a game or movie in the last few months, i just leave it in my room and use it to listen to music, or play a little game till im tired. the touch screen on the DS is quite 'nifty' but i dont find it adds to the gameplay, in fact, i really dont like using it at all. the pictochat is also kinda neat but again, theres not much use in it. the PSP has music, photo, movies, games, internet, and RSS channels. The DS does seem to have a bigger range of games and most of which are longer lasting. (they dont grow old or boring fast) Lots of PSP games you have seen many times before on consoles. racing, the shooters, all that stuff. But i still prefer the PSP.The PSP comes out victorious for me.

The nintendo DS is in no way better than the Sony PSP. I for one have played the nintendo DS, and found it rather a waste of investment in entertainment. Before I chose one over the other I have tried out both system, so my opinion is not biased its based soley on what I believe is true. The nintendo have a lot of games that resembles the N64 graphics, although I admit it does run very smooth the graphics are way under par then what I am used to seeing. Im basing this off of playing Mario Cart and Metroid, both very popular games for the nintendo franchise.Sony PSP however is an investment for the better. It's a miricle how they can squish all the graphical detail of their games in that little system. Many have already started to say that the PSP is almost like the PS2 itself. A recent post said that PSP doesnt offer games that have lasting gameplay? My answer for them is, have you tried the many popular games such as Megaman X, Megaman Powered Up, Street Fighter Alpha, Metal Gear, Luminscence. These are just the many popular games that offer great gameplay, that are almost two times better than the games that the DS offers. If you are an old school fans of games, the PSP features many old school ports that are revamped with new features.The PSP also will be releasing some popular games that I am most interested in such as TEKKEN 5 DARK RESSURECTION and FINAL FANTASY: CRISIS CORE. Both are unique games exclusively for the PSP, and both of these games alone features graphics that are almost identical to the PS2 games graphical details. In another recent post, someone said that the PSP sacrificed graphical detail for efficient performance, well that is only for some games that were earlier released, games that are being released now are balancing the two, making the PSP a very very hot item.If you dont believe me in its performance, than go to youtube.com and search the two following or the games that I have listed in this post, just so you can see how fast it loads and how it plays. If you have noticed I have a lot more to say about the PSP because I am more impressed with the PSP than the features that the DS offers gamers.To make hint to all others out there, the PSP is not only used to play games, it can browse the web, play downloaded movies, music, store pictures, its baslically a mini computer you got in your pocket. While on the otherhand the nintendo DS is a version 2 of the gameboy advance. I really hope nintendo step up its game in the feature because I was once a fan of nintendo, now they are just a thing of the past Microsoft and Sony are the new rulers of the gaming entertainment world.

The DS version, is not and probably will not be the next generation of gaming. It was an idea that did not work out as successfully as they planned it. Do you actually feel comfortable playing games with a touch pad pen? I played a number of the games on the DS and it felt all too uncomfortable for me. They had a very unique idea but it came out all wrong. Most of the games that they have that are fun is better used with the D-Pad.How can the DS be the "real" next generation portable game system, when its graphical standard is still below consumer expectations as well as the games that they provide the consumers when compared to the PSP. I mean you can already see that most of the people on this world would probably choose the PSP over the DS because it offers more and is a probably the best investment over the DS.In all honesty, I would probably choose the gameboy advance sp over the DS, because the games on that are still addicting to play from time to time. While when I play the DS its just like a 15min fix, and Ill put it down. PSP I could probably play that thing hours on end, as well as use it functionalities for hours on end. I dont know but I hope someone out there can explain to me with good reasons why DS can be better than the PSP. Ive tried both and I strongly favor the PSP.

I think the DS is better. You can more with an DS then with a PSP and there comes more games for.And better. What do you think from Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby ect.But the graphics from the PSP are better but i like the Nintendo Dual Screen more then the Playstation Portable.