xisto Community
Dyth

There Is A Free, Full, 3-d Application. Just thought I would tell you this.

Wow! I just found this thread... I'm a 3D Max v3 kinda guy from way back but I will definitely give this a try!One question... does it do ray-tracing? I'm not much of an animator but I love to model stuff!Cheers,Phoenix :)

I can't imagine doing something like that without a GUI. How is that even possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its possible. People have done some impressive stuff with it. On the other hand, its 100 times harder and 100 time more time consuming and 1000 times as aggravating as any other way of doing it. Stick with blender.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There is even a free textbook for blender. Hope that helps.

Well... I gave this the old college try. Honest... I did! My analysis is ummm... wow. Is this proggie EVER HARD!!! Now, I've been around since Hector was a pup and I have never seen an interface so confusing. Perhaps it's just me, it would appear as if Blender certainly has a die-hard user base, but frankly I had a LOT of trouble running scripts (yes, I installed the newest build of Python and configured my paths)There seemed to be script error after error and I found the learning curve to be almost impossibly steep for somebody who wants to dive in and start building.Before every Blender fan on the planet jumps all over me though, let me say that I am very much used to an Adobe type workflow and for my 3D work I use 3D Studio Max 3. It's easy enough for me and invariably does what I need. I'm sure that given the care and attention this package requires I could become proficient at it, but that's really my point... this package seems to require a LOT of care and attention.Either that or I just need more coffee...Cheers,Phoenix :)