xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mew10331405241477

Ahhhh Help Me Plz need help with my LAN

i need help setting up my broadband LAN (Less-then-Acceptable-Network) it might be impossible but here i go anyway.I have an internal modem which dials out, but the number it dials to is 1,1 when it reaches the number, (usully within seconds) i am connected to fast internet. i have another network card in my computer (it is just a basic 10/100 Ethernet LAN card) i have tried both straight and crossover cables to get from it to my belkin wireless router/switch. (neither work) then i have my other comps, that i need to get the internet onto plugged in to the slots on the back of the router. PLEASE HELP ME

i need help setting up my broadband LAN (Less-then-Acceptable-Network) it might be impossible but here i go anyway.

I have an internal modem which dials out, but the number it dials to is 1,1 when it reaches the number, (usully within seconds) i am connected to fast internet. i have another network card in my computer (it is just a basic 10/100 Ethernet LAN card) i have tried both straight and crossover cables to get from it to my belkin wireless router/switch. (neither work) then i have my other comps, that i need to get the internet onto plugged in to the slots on the back of the router. 

PLEASE HELP ME

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You probably have to specify the Server that dials out as your default gateway for the other hosts or else they wouldnt know who to get the connection from.. which OS are you using btw ?

Is this a third party internal DSL modem (name and model needed)

what is your OS

can you network the 2 computers using the belikin wireless (not the internet - just the other computers on the network)

Your computer with the modem acts like a router when you add other computers to it and try to have a pass-through connection

I have to look up the settings for your router (computer with the NIC and Modem) based on the OS...

Nils

i need help setting up my broadband LAN (Less-then-Acceptable-Network) it might be impossible but here i go anyway.

I have an internal modem which dials out, but the number it dials to is 1,1 when it reaches the number, (usully within seconds) i am connected to fast internet. i have another network card in my computer (it is just a basic 10/100 Ethernet LAN card) i have tried both straight and crossover cables to get from it to my belkin wireless router/switch. (neither work) then i have my other comps, that i need to get the internet onto plugged in to the slots on the back of the router. 

PLEASE HELP ME

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nils is right. We need more info to help you. Different operating systems have different requirements for Internet Connection Sharing. Windows XP has that capability right out of the box, but Windows 98 needs additional software you can download from Microsoft.

Also, knowing the model number of your router/switch can help determine if everything will work for you.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Man if u want 2 avoid the trouble u can buy a external modem ,i can asure u that this will solve your problem.Pls let me know if u fixed the problem this way .Best wishes

Grrrrrrrrr. I spent the time to make up a graphic to help this... less than admirable person... and they were just spamming! I see now that they have -1 reputation points and must have only been screwing around to get free hosting.

You out there! Yeah, you! The one thinking about wasting all of our time with junk posts. Don't do it. Some of us really need help and others do a lot of helping. Don't be a loser! Get it???? :)

Banjosforpeace, it happens all the time :)Don't let it bother you. Next time if there is a next time and they ask for help they will most likely be ignored by people. What goes around comes around.You are helping out and we appreciate it. :)Nils

Banjosforpeace,

it happens all the time :)

Don't let it bother you. Next time if there is a next time and they ask for help they will most likely be ignored by people. What goes around comes around.

You are helping out and we appreciate it. :)

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I guess it does. My snarling is to illustrate a point. :(

You're the mostest moderatorius, Nils. Keep up the good work! :(