xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

Who Links To You? search Google to see...

Did you ever wonder how many links are pointed to your URL a way of finfing out is to open a Google search and type:

link:sampledomain.com Put your domain name where "sampledomain.com" is Here is the search for Xisto:

https://www.google.com/search?q=link%3Awww.G=Google+Search

If you have a lot of links pointing to your URL the higher your page rank.

Nils

Google's algorithm is funky that way. I guess you are ranked based on who know you... and who links to you.I use robots.txt for my test sited blocking all good bots so they don't start indexing a page that is in the development stage. google and msn and the good bots respect this. I had one spam harvest bot continue down the path and harwest the spamtrap email addresses that I have in all my web-pages.HoneyPots works wonders when it comes to identify the bad guys and their spiders / bots.Nils

hmm, interesting. I never knew google had the ability to do something like that lol. It's amazing how much I don't know about all these things that are going around/having to do with google =P