xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

What Smtp Server Do You Use ? Along with your hosted domain here ...

Anybody using their own domains with Xisto here like me ? When you create email addresses for your domain - receiving is no problem - you can connect to 110 directly by using your own domain name. But SMTP is missing. How do you send out mails using the email client ? Does anyone know a list of free smtp servers on the net ? I don't want to use my ISP's SMTP.Thanks ;)

You have to setup your mx "Mail eXchange" record.

Look at mine that I attached here. This is done in cPanel. Let me know if that worked. (It may take awhile for that to propagate across the name servers also)

Nils

You have to setup your mx "Mail eXchange" record.

Look at mine that I attached here. This is done in cPanel.  Let me know if that worked. (It may take awhile for that to propagate across the name servers also)

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right on. Thanks ;) I'd totally missed out on that. Will let you know once it's up.

Thanks again.

It lloks like you have a cname in your mx record

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/mail.ch?domrosys-asia.info

and your DNS record comes up with same error

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.crosys-asia.info

I can do more seach Monday at work if you didn't figure it out yet.

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nils,

I don't know if the prob is going to ever get solved but these are two extremely handy links you posted here. Thanks a lot ;)