xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChronicLoser

Realm Of Losers (layout And Content Review) webcomic, forum, etc etc

Hey...this site's been open for a week now, so I think it's about ready for a little review from fellow web designers. The colors use to be very dark but i changed it around so it's readable now ^_^ at least for most computers...THe site also has a webcomic moving along slowly. It's updated 2-3 times a week. THere's more info about updating days on the site ^_^

so review my layout and the webcomic! (and if you have time visit the forums =P we're kinda short of members right now lol)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well when i went to your site at 5:22pm EST (Australian) the pictures weren't showing up so i'm not too sure about how it really looks but all i can say is if the text is on that background lighten it or something becuase it's too hard to see also with the hover links, don't make it exactly whit i'd use a little grey/white so it's not an exact change from black to whitem, we'll that just my opinion for now, and remember i can't see any pictures at the moment so i might be totally wrong about how it really looks so far. Good Luck anyway! :)

Looks pretty "professional", but some texts are a bit unreadable. You might want to consider to change the background, the font color, or enlarge the font. I think doing anyone of them would fix it. The navigation menu on the top left seems a little empty. You could make the fonts bigger to fill in the space or just make the space look smaller.Overall, it's pretty good. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it an 8.

lol, like i said the i am horrible at choosing font-colors. I'll try to play around with that again later.

Well when i went to your site at 5:22pm EST (Australian) the pictures weren't showing up

hmm, i've never had that problem before...cause if usually either the enitre site's down...or the entire site's up, being that it's all hosted under Xisto and uni.cc...could you check again for me to see if the pictures are showing for you now?

alright, maybe it had something to do with the crude hotlinking system i set up. Can you see the images now?

Yep the pictures are up and running, i think there must have been a problem like for 5 mins becuase i tried it on 2 browsers (firefox and IE) and still go nothing but it's all good now. So to my review since i can see you websie properly, It is a nice professional website and looks quite nice. In your stats box thing i think you should change the font colour becuase it's a bit hard to see or make the background a bit less opacity. Also with your navigation i'd suggest getting a background image or using a gradient because that plain blue sort of doesn't look right. Also fix up your "Rights Reserved" tab becuase it's got came text (ExaMplE) and nothing is more annoying then that, i don't think you did it on purpose tho. But other then those few flaws (and every site has them in the first publication) it's looking really nice and keep up the good work. Oh also i'd rate your site 8.5/10 since i can now see how good it looks ;). Good Job!

You need to cut down on the number of images that your displaying, it takes a quite while for them to load on my browser. Also you need to decrease the contrast for the background image your using behind your stats to make the text more visible.

Can't read anything, but great design. Unfortunalyt great looking dosent make up for inability to read. Keep working on that and it could be a 9 or 10.

It is nice though, what didi you use to make it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cinema 4D for the 3D rendering. Photoshop for pretty much all other graphics. And notepad to tie it all together. ^_^

And yes, I see now that I will probably have to change the colors around yet again. I'll try to get it done this weekend and have you guys look over the color scheme for me ^_^

Alright, the colors are changed! Hopefully I will get replies saying that the text is very readable now =P