xisto Community
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Hot Debate: Your Views On Gays & Homosexuality ...

I was on this one place with some people I know, until these freaks came in and started dissing gays, and calling them *BLEEP* and animals and stuff. I was so disgusted :) , is there really anything wrong with being gay? What do you think?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay.

It's someone choice, and America/or other country hasn't the right to take that away from people (religon pending). I'm not gay my self, but I wish people wouldn't be so ignorant and stupid about it. They are people too.

And if it's not affecting you, why go after them? And plus, how does that make them a bad person? Yes, somepeople DO think the are bad persons, obviously, since all this is on the news and everything, and all these billboards keep popping that say 'Ex-Gays can play it straight' or something rediculous like that. Why people are homosexual? I don't know, I don't see anything attractive in the same gender.

What do you think of being gay?

Hmm, I think this should be in the Debate section.. sorry

moved to the debate section :P

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

First I dont want this topic to invite spam.

Second, People answering this thread, please be broad minded and don't make childish comments.

Okay, I am putting my reply. Forget that I m the administrator and in no way I want to blame anyone or express hatred. It is just my views. Also, the thoughts below, does not include people who are gay because of hormonal imbalances.

I feel Gay people are Shy guys who cannot face girls and they dont have guts to face them. The most wierd thing I feel is Gay marriages. At some time, I feel pity on the human race and the amount of things man has been doing against nature. Ever seen any other species behave in this way. Obviously the answer is no. Nature has made man and women to be together. Sex is a part of life, Homosex is not.

i dono man. most of religion despise gays. but the truth is, some ppl need some guidance to do the right things.

well, maybe homosexuality will not enable you to have child, than, maybe one day human will come to the brink of extinction because of these acts.

you know something else? i think gayness is contagious. i've seen it spreeding in schools, universities, everywhere! that's something to be scared off.

I think the only reason it's spreading is because they are week enough to fall into it/were *person* sexual in the beginning/are kidding theirselves.

the way i think about it:
babies sometimes prone to get flu. why? because their antibody is still weak. so should we blame the baby?

i dono about athiest. i think they r cool with that...

They wouldn't become gay because their friends do it. If they just start being gay, then they are week enough to fall into it/were *person* sexual in the beginning/are kidding theirselves. Because if it's something you really wanted to do, you'd be gay along time ago. Just like being sick. You don't pick the grem, the germ picks you.

Ever seen any other species behave in this way. Obviously the answer is no. Nature has made man and women to be together. Sex is a part of life, Homosex is not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, homosexual behavior does occur in nature. Not only that, but many other things as well.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

My understanding is that homosexuality, for males, is very genetic in nature. It is CERTAINLY not because they are shy and cannot face women. My friends who are gay don't even have interest in women, it is not that they find them 'challenging' or 'frightening'. In fact, many of them have had sexual encounters with women, in order to stay in the closet earlier in life (and knowing those women, I understand they are rather good lovers to boot).

oh, and here is an article by national geographic.

Nor is homosexuality a 'disease', caused by germs or any such thing. Nor is it 'catchable' the way a disease/virus is. Homosexuality exists on a continuum, with absolute heterosexuality on one end, and absolute homosexuality on the other. Like any range, there are many spots in between. Some people 'experiment' and have tried same-sex behavior. Hetero/homosexuality appears to be less hard wired (as in, more in-between), for women than for males, for apparently genetic reasons (as in some of the stronger genes involved are on the Y chromosome).

Nor is homosexuality a 'disease', caused by germs or any such thing. Nor is it 'catchable' the way a disease/virus is.

Exactly

My understanding is that homosexuality, for males, is very genetic in nature

You gotta be kidding me. You ARE NOT born gay. THere's nothing in genetics that tell you if you are gay or not. No GG Gg gg or anything. You become gay, just like say, loving the girl next door. You're not born loving her. You have to see her first.

Exactly

You gotta be kidding me. You ARE NOT born gay. THere's nothing in genetics that tell you if you are gay or not. No GG Gg gg or anything. You become gay, just like say, loving the girl next door. You're not born loving her. You have to see her first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, to a very great extent, you are. Or at least, you are born with homosexual tendencies. The strength of these tendencies is heavily influenced by genetics, and then by environmental factors.

To be clear, there are both genetic and psychological aspects to homosexuality, in addition to possible environmental factors that may affect the expression of certian hormones at important developmental stages. What is clear, is that homosexuality is not a sudden 'choice' by those who are gay (or at least not for the vast, vast majority of them)

What specific roles these factors play, and their relative strengths, is still unknown.

I'm still gonna have to disagree. You are not gonna be born gay. One main reason is because you don't know what a boy is when you are first born. If you parents are homosexual doesn't mean you are gay/lesbian. Because Love is a feeling you develop, not genetically inherit. Yes it's probably genetics that you will love, but not who you will love.

Hi people,

To me "Gay" means "Happy".

Whoever you are and whatever you are, you are a very special you.

Treasure yourself and love others.

You will find life is worth living.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to be off topic,

but you'll find life is worth living? Now, now, we all know that to win the Human Race, it's the first one to the grave... You're not trying to beat us are you?

Sorry, really off topic.

Anyways, I think it's quite possible to be born gay, it could be a case of your genes, or chromosomes. Reason you don't know this straight away because you don't know about boys or girls, is because that part of your body isn't woken up yet, when you're younger, you don't have that strong attraction to a particular sex yet, because it's most likely kicks in when you mature and get into puberty.

You see this is when your feelings, love understanding etc start showing, but this is still part of you, maybe your parents play a part in the way this happens by your upbringing or by what genetics they've given you. But all in all, I wouldn't rule out that you can't be born gay. It could also be a defect in genes. It's quite possible something may have gone wrong. (a noticed fact by me but maybe not completely true: If you're brought up with only a mother figure, you tend to act feminism, you may not be gay, but could be seen that way by others)

There's so many reason as to why this could happen, but I find a lot of religions are against this, well to me, religion is just another guideline/law in a country, sorry if I offend people with this, but you have no right intervining in personal lives. Ruling out gay marriages, etc, this is none of your business to be honest, but it's too late for this, as you've made it your business, now I can't live my life with 7 wives (jokes), it's just not socially acceptable and is ruled out by law.

Life isn't fair.

MC

Lets ignore genetics and upbringing and all that other rubbish, all we need to reconise it that this operson loves this person and thus they should be allowed to expresse it to the world through marrige. Personally I feel that the greatest thing about being in love is intamacy. If two guys or two girls love each other, i feel that is is our job to tay out of their own private buisness. Why is it theat the media and politics are so concerned with how people love? Why do people hide behinde some 2000 year old story book (no offence intended here it is just my belief or lack there of) when things get to different? Also merrige is not all about a religious bond, it is about the stattus as well as the benifits that a married couple recvieve on taxes, health care, etc. I for one am proud to live in the great state of Mass. where gay and lesbian marriages are LEGAL. Were talking full fledged marrage, not some crappy civil union that holds little meaning. I just hope oneday people can forget about these little differences, and it really is a little difference, its not like homosexuals are a differend breed, they are humans too and deserve all the same privliges and rights that everyone else has.