xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peg

Star Wars Republic Commando Yet Another Star Wars Game

Yeah I have played the RPG games and they were realy nice. And battlefront was very good to. And the star wars flying games are very good.But just Republic Commando looks like to have very nice grapichsSome Info Of It:Star Wars Republic Commando will be set in between the films Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III. The self-styled "dark first-person shooter" will put players in the boots of a special-ops Republic soldier who goes on dangerous missions to uncover the Sith machinations. (Hint: keep your eye on that shifty Palpatine fella.) The game will consist of 15 levels in locales such as the planet Geonosis, a disabled Republic Assault Ship, and the jungles of Kashyyyk, the Wookiee homeworld. It will feature new characters like the unfortunately named General Grievous from Episode III. Star Wars Republic Commando's gameplay will consist of three-man teams running tactical missions such as hostage rescue, infiltration, data retrieval, elimination, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance. NPCs in the squad will be controlled by a Rainbow Six 3-style commands system. Like R63, the game will also have an extensive arsenal, including blaster rifles, slaver shotguns, and the ever-popular thermal detonators.

I have played a demo for this game. It was very good in my opinion. It had great graphics and the squad system is one of the best ever made. I also thought it was funny how you can change your gun from something like an assault rifle into a sniper rifle.

I played this game forever when i was in game crazy. its a really hard game to put down cuz the ability to control your squad mates is so fun. If they made a halo game using the squad base system like this, it would be really rad. but instead of being a spartan, you could be an ODST.

I find that the best Star Wars games are KOTOR (1 and 2) and Star Wars Battlefront. I don't think Republic Commando has feeling of Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. Republic Commando, in my opinion, was just a desparate attempt by Lucas Arts to make some money by introducing Star Wars into the tactical FPS genre.

Am I the only person who thought battlegrounds was boring and bland?...must be haha. Oh well, I mean it was a fun game to kill some time I just never really thought it was anything special. It was cool enough since it was in the SW universe but otherwise it seemed boring (IMHO)

Yeah other than the bloom effects in Star Wars: Battlegrounds and the ability to roll around like a droideka...well...there's nothing very impressive about it. Just another BattleField series clone.Star Wars: Republic Commando on the other hand strikes me as a very enjoyable and impressive game. The quality of the character skins is detailed extremely well, and the team commands are easy to use.The only thing not so impressive about it is the ending...makes you feel like the great war on Kashyyyk is just about to start....without you!