xisto Community
firewire

What Speed And Package U Getting From Your Isp? Is it worth it.

Tiscali United Kingdom, speeds vary but im supposed to get 256K download and somthing upload but I forgot but its rare if ever I actually get the speed I want but there under a network upgrade right now but its pretty stable and Ive never had a big problem just high ping, and low speed.

In Reynoldsburg, Ohio in the USA. I am getting 3 Mb/s Download and 256k/s upload with a digital cable TV package for around 35 USD a month. It is VERY much worth it, I'd suggest if you use cable TV to make your provider your ISP also. The plan I get is from Wide Open West! http://www.wowway.com/home I reccomend it to all Mid-western people in the United States.

I am from South East Asia and the country is called Singapore. We have three major ISP for my country. I am using 1500Kpbs and upload of 128kpbs. The plan is unlimited/ :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on the same plan here. But I will probably upgrade to a higher bandwidth @ the end of the year as there is a 6.5MBps @ a slight higher price.

StarHub rules over SingNet :P

Tiscali United Kingdom, speeds vary but im supposed to get 256K download and somthing upload but I forgot but its rare if ever I actually get the speed I want but there under a network upgrade right now but its pretty stable and Ive never had a big problem just high ping, and low speed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I'm in Ohio too! I use RoadRunner broadband, and it's 100mb per second. It's great, and I haven't heard anyone with typical broadband get speeds as fast as I do. I feel PROUD!!! :P

I'm from Australia and i get 512/128kbps and umm i get 40gb. I'm with Netspace and we pay $AU69.95. We found that is a very resonible price for us and another ISP was chargin for the exact same price a 512/128 kbps with only 20GB. And so far i've found it to be a fast and relible service and at the start we were having some trouble with our password and we called them up and in 10mins it was fixed (we were just typing a wrong character, it looked very similar to another character)

I am currently in China and I am getting 512kbps. I am paying 80rmb per month for the connection. This is approximately 10usd per month. Any disadvantage? Yup, I cannot get any access to certain sites. These sites have been censored...

Hehehehehehe.... that's a pity.Here my specs.1130 / 320 dl/ul € 34,95 / monthtomorrow... 1 feb... my isp's gonna raise the speeds to 1600 / 512No download limit ofcourse

i have an account from velocitus.net there okay. it is supposed to be something like 1.5 Mb/s Down and 764 Kb/s Up its preaty good. but NOW CHECK THIS OUT. in like a month imma gonna get hooked to the new fiber optic metronet. i will get for about 25 USD.100 MB/S UP AND DOWNisn't that awsome!!?

I'm in northern West Virginia, US and using Adelphia Cable. I get 1500 / 256 in general, but off peak I can get 1800 / 320.

For the first year I had broadband I was totally unaware that XP comes by default optimized for Ethernet LAN rather than high-speed Internet connections.

I got TCPoptimizer from Speedguide and fixed it right up. Been burning ever since!

I'm from Australia and i get 512/128kbps and umm i get 40gb. I'm with Netspace and we pay $AU69.95. We found that is a very resonible price for us and another ISP was chargin for the exact same price a 512/128 kbps with only 20GB. And so far i've found it to be a fast and relible service and at the start we were having some trouble with our password and we called them up and in 10mins it was fixed (we were just typing a wrong character, it looked very similar to another character)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For that price you'd be better off getting OptusNet Cable. I'm guessing with the connection you have at the moment you'd be getting download speeds of about 50-60 kbps max? With OptusNet Cable you'll get average speeds of around 350 kbps... and in the right situations, speeds of up to 600 kbps aren't rare at all. The only down fall is the monthly limit, only 12 GB a month, unless you want to pay more. The other down fall is that this service is not available everywhere, which is why I had to give it up for this TPG 1.5 Mb connection when I moved to the other side of the city. This service isn't too bad, but I only ever see downloads get to about 160 kbps max at the best of times. Compared to OptusNet Cable, this is crap... although I guess the bigger limit of 20 GB a month is nice.

When I was back in India - I used to get my connection over cable lines (same as the cable tv lines). Their backbone was 512Kbps split over 100 homes I think. That left us with very little individual bandwidth - but even then it was at least 10 times faster than dialups and on 24/7. Never had to worry abou disconnecion and broken downloads. Hardly needed a download manager plus immense speed gains at night. Price was around INR 600 per month i.e. around $ 15.00 per month....which I believe was quite decent.

Tiscali: WORST ISP EVERThey were supposed to upgrade my line to 1mbit in JANUARY but they still haven't and now it's more like dialup than anything else with the 512 adsl line going at about 5kb/s download rate.