xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Silent Soul X

Cinema 4d Or 3d Studio Max Whats better???

Hey i was just wondering which one is better for my needs. I'm mainly looking for a program to create 3d renders to use in my graphics. Is there much of a difference in the two. Becuase i've asked people and they've just said choose the one you like best, but i wanna really know if there is one that really stands out from the other thanks in advance.

Hey i was just wondering which one is better for my needs. I'm mainly looking for a program to create 3d renders to use in my graphics. Is there much of a difference in the two. Becuase i've asked people and they've just said choose the one you like best, but i wanna really know if there is one that really stands out from the other thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I would say, on first glance, that you should go with max. This is because it is used so many places and by so many people that it will be easy to find tutorials. Also, if you ever want a job doing 3d in say the game industry, 3ds max is rather standard.

That said, I think that you should also consider blender: https://www.blender.org/ Blender is perfectly functional, and its FREE(it was originally commercial, but then it was somehow purchased by the community and made free). It also has a huge community that has produced plenty of free tutorials and documentation.

Ok i'll try out blender and see how it goes (since i'm only 15 and don't have a job it sounds pretty good for free) and would be perfect becuase i haven't really done anything with 3D programs yet and since i don't have to pay anything i could then practice on it and then once i think i'm capable of creating quite good 3D renders i might considering going for 3D studio max. Does anyone have any cheap prices they've seen for it???

from a personal view 3d studio max is easier to use and far better (i think) lots of industries use the same 3dstudio max. they are game, movies, media etc. remember Garfield the movie and the day after tommorow. u guessed it it used by the same 3d studio max. so i rekon you should use it

naw, i think Cinema is easier to use. 3D Studio Max has many more options and all that junk, but unless you plan to make very complex artistic renderings, I suggest using Cinema 4D, then Photoshop to edit it. At least that's how I made my website's design =P

My vote goes for 3dmax. It is flexible and advance, files created in it are highly supported/integrated/exported to professional softwares like AutoCAD. (well, since autodesk acquired it 3dmax.) But if you are only after renders etc.. Cinema4D would suffice.

Well, I'll go for Cinema 4D since I never been good at trying 3dsmax. you know, it has many plugins also and idon't know if you saw the 3D animation made with it: the bear and the dear or something like that. it's cool man! cinema 4d is known as the easiest 3d software and especially for rendering. but it's up to you body!

Cinema

Cinema 4d Or 3d Studio Max

I'd recommend Cinema. It's extremely well designed software that is very intuitive to use. You can really jump right in. And it comes with training videos. They also have great customer service, real people answer the phone, and they actually read your email and give you a real response that answers your questions. Studio max has the advantage that it's industry standard. But I don't think it's work flow and interface is as well organized as Cinema.

Cinema has a lot of packages based on how much you want to buy. I would recommend the middle one, because then you can have advanced render and thinking particles. Which give you really nice effects, if you plan on using it for graphics.

-Name

Hey i was just wondering which one is better for my needs. I'm mainly looking for a program to create 3d renders to use in my graphics. Is there much of a difference in the two. Becuase i've asked people and they've just said choose the one you like best, but i wanna really know if there is one that really stands out from the other thanks in advance. Lol i need one to but i want some thing cheap most others are really expensive

It all really depends on what you're going to use it for. Since you are using it for graphics, I'd recommend Cinema 4D. If you were to use it for, lets say, 3D modeling for a video game, then you would have to use 3d's. :]