xisto Community
Durkovski

Anyone Like Rap At All?

hey, was just wondering if anybody actually liked rap music.I actually like a load of different music - some punk, alternative, some rock, and rap...Anyone else got a taste along those lines?And dont flame rap here please its good aslong as you can understand the lyrics :)

To tell you the truth, as much as I like to listen to rap I don't understand a word they are saying. Some of its great and it actually makes some sense but I think its only "hot" right now because of the whole "gangster" thing around. Rap is great to listen to but if something that actually made sense was said it would be much more enjoyable for the seniors as well. Rap right now is a youth thing. Many youth look as rap and try to act like the rappers they see and what they do. There are many great rappers which I actually ahve respect for but then there are those who don't know whats actually going on in the world and are only in the industry to make money.

rap is horrible all it talks about is smokin pot drinkin 40s and ****in hoes and whyle thats fine and dandy its all the same all rappers do is create some rythm and talk about crap also it requires no musical talent try listining to progressive metal like symphony x or some hardcore they actualy know how to make music

Lol. While I agree with you that most rap is crap, I think you are rather full of yourself when you put your musical tastes at the top of things that require musical TALENT and SKILL. From what I have heard of both progressive metal and hardcore, they aren't any more demanding than rap, other than you have to learn instruments. TALENT on the other hand, seems to be the same.And the exact same thing can be said of other genres of music, or film, books, etc. 90% of everything is crap. That means that there is a good chance that some of what YOU like is crap as well. The same goes for me.If you don't like rap, don't listen to the radio. I don't, and it works wonders.

I think some rap is ok. However I think hip hop is MUCH BETTER. Hip hop does have rap in it, but it just adds to it. I don`t like any of that Gangsta rap stuff because you can`t dance with it or anything. I really don`t understand the point, but people are allowed to have there own opiniongs.

Here's what I think about rap. The new age rap like 50 cent and whoever else, sucks. All they rap about is guns, 40, and hos. I don't care about that stuff anymore, I don't care that you got shot 9 times and still live. The rap that everyone should listen to is Atmosphere and Blue Print. That rap is tight. I don't really like rap, but when I listen to them, it's a whole 'nother genre. They don't curse much, they rap about topics we can relate to, and its still sweet to listen to. You all should check them out for real. Here is a link:

Atmosphere-The Keys of Life Vs 15 Minutes of Fame

ive searched far and wide and cant seem to tell the differance between new mainstream rap and a huge pile of **** covered with flys and diseases but more obscure rap and older rap is great like ultra magnetic mcs their beats are funny so are their rhimes their so witty and smart and weird as hell but not deep still good tho i also recomend mc paul barman great stuff mf doom wu-tang clan or maybe some jazz rap like the digable planets not deep like wu-tang but just good vibes and nice relaxing music there are many more but dont judge wu-tang if u dont know what their talking about its all in metaphore but ounce u figure it out its great kind of like long *bottom* posts that are boring as hell (sarcasm)

rap is horrible all it talks about is smokin pot drinkin 40s and ****in hoes and whyle thats fine and dandy its all the same all rappers do is create some rythm and talk about crap also it requires no musical talent try listining to progressive metal like symphony x or some hardcore they actualy know how to make music

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes theres some artists that all they do is rap about smoking Pot, Drinking 40s and Fu*king hoes, but there are a lot that do not, like Common, Some Jay-Z, and most of 2-pac's stuff is about life, and then rappers/ hiphop artists, like ludacris, he may have some rhymes like that but it dont mean sh*t, and is just for the hell of it. And my friend is a rapper(well trys to be) and watching him, it is hard to make a beat that sounds good, and the rhyms to go with it, and that isnt a total joke, im not sayn im all about rap, i like all music, but this is just my opinion on this topic.

I'm an open-minded guy, so i listen to different types of music. I'm more driven to metal and hard rock though. But i still listen to some rap. Mainly underground and underrated ones. Some mainstream Rap artists that i like... Nas and Kanye West. The only thing i can't stand about mainstream Rap artists (most, but not all of 'em) nowadays is that they always relate to violence, guns, *****es, and bling bling. Are there any platform out there that doesn't have to be any of those???

Honestly, I do not like rap. I just can't get into the music. The lyrics are something to be desired, and the music doesn't appeal to me. It all sounds the same, just with different lyrics. Even if the rappers aren't necessarily rapping about sex, booze and whatnot, I still don't like that genre of music. It's not me, and it just doesn't appeal to me.I'm more of a classic rock type of guy. I do like some of the more modern stuff, but not as much as the classics. Now I'm not saying 60s, I'm referring to the early 1970s to the mid 1980s. And that's my say on this issue.

I really don't like rap. It's not "proper" music to me, no offence intended. From what I've heard, it's just talking into a microphone and making stupid spitting sounds with your hands and mouth.I also like rock, all kinds. Especially some of the K-DST songs on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. :P