xisto Community
heshu

Ape To Man Do you really believe???

With technology and science being so advanced these days. I would really want to know if there's really some HARD evidence of we, the humans, are as a result of evolution from the apes...

All i heard is about like the developement of the bone structure that we now have i saw it at school on a video and it was talking about how we have adapted and evolved from them, but i'm not so sure about it but one day we will be able to know the truth about our past.

With technology and science being so advanced these days. I would really want to know if there's really some HARD evidence of we, the humans, are as a result of evolution from the apes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Humans did NOT evolve from apes. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor. In other words, before there were humans or apes as we know them, there was something else(which doesn't exist anymore). That something else began to diversify, and those subsets shifted, and so on and so on. Till Finally we have the humans and apes of today.

For breif overview, look at this website. I skimmed it and it seems to have its stuff in order. Most sites(for or against) do not.

http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/factfaq.htm

MajesticTreeFrog is right here, we didn't evolve from apes. We evolved from an ape like creature from which apes and other apellike creatures of today evolved.Unfortunatley 'hard evidence' for subjects like this is very difficult for us to find, most of the evidence we have gathered as yet is circumstancial (spelling?!) since the development of animals such as *person* Erectus has been tracked and there disapearence roughly 0.07 Million Years Ago to our appearence at about the same time. Unfortunatley other than looking at similarities in location, habbits and structure (which are obviously all part of the evolutianry tract) we dont really know for sure.Other than in religous circles this is the most widley held view and even some religous groups are slighlty willing to accept the theorys of evolution.

Unfortunatley 'hard evidence' for subjects like this is very difficult for us to find, most of the evidence we have gathered as yet is circumstancial (spelling?!)  since the development of animals such as *person* Erectus has been tracked and there disapearence roughly 0.07 Million Years Ago to our appearence at about the same time. Unfortunatley other than looking at similarities in location, habbits and structure (which are obviously all part of the evolutianry tract) we dont really know for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually there is plenty of hard evidence. What people want is 'proof', not understanding that there is no 'proof' in science. I don't mean no proof for evolution in science I mean no proof for anything ever in any way shape or form. Proof is an imaginary concept, it doesn't exist. There is simply 'overwhelming evidence' and 'lack of countervailing evidence'.

Thanks for clarifying that humans were not evolved from apes. Sorry for my misconception and if I may have offended anyone by saying something like that. I mean I've read of the similarties between bone structure like what Silent Soul X mentioned before. However, I still find it a bit hard to believe, not that I don't believe it but just not completely. The whole idea of evolution and it's evidence are logical but it would be very nice to find that some new and totally new species of animal is discovered. Maybe I sound crazy, but that's just the mind doing it's brainstorming... :)

I recall something about human and ape dna being approximately 98% identical. I'd say there's a link somewhere throughout history. Here's a couple human/ape dna informational webpages:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5067906

http://www.satelliteinternetsource.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

herbert , thats not a good evidence as other species have also 90%++ identification with our DNA ...

Yes but 98% is close enough.An 8% difference can change alot of things...Our DNA can be streched around Saturn so 8% is a big difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not saying it is not a big difference. That is why creatures look so different. However, similar DNA is evidence for evolution because it strongly suggests common ancestry.

Ape to Man? Probably deformities. We are like afvanced primeapes. So probably an ape had a mutated kid (As freaky as that sounds, mutation DO occur). And POW! A human. It also explains are phenotypic similarities

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't matter if that happened, because the human would have no one to breed with.

This is part of why evolution happens more slowly than that.