xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pixelsmack

Werid Css...

I am having some problems writing CSS for my site (as in the one hosted here), i am trying to make hyperlinks only underline once the user hovers over them, which seems like it should be simple enough using CSS. However i can't seem to do it, some apper correctly and some are underlined and i can't figure the problem out at all. i have tried in both IE and Firefox and it does seem totally random, different ones are underlined in each and last night they were all underlined on firefox, nothing has been changed since then.

}a:link {	color: #33CCFF;	text-decoration: none;a:hover {	color: #00CCFF;	text-decoration: underline;}

Thats the CSS code i am using, anyone got any ideas?

Hey, well for 1 the perenthesis is wrong on the a:link it should be this:

a:link {    color: #33ccff;    text-decoration: none;}

the problem may have been caused by this as you missed out the ending curly bracket. without this the css would obviously go awry in some way.

This is my code for all the links:

a:link, a:visited, a:active {	color: #510000;	text-decoration: none;}a:hover {	color: #510000;	text-decoration: underline;}

you can edit that to what you want it to be. It does work but if you find it doesn't then there may be another problem.

good luck

overture

Many thanks Overture, i have discovered the problem. The perenthesis was correct, it was my sloppy copying and pasting. The problem was that the i hadn't changed the visited links to none as well!