xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rudy1405241475

Hosting Violation Why would you want to violate the rules?

It is a common practice for some people to take advantage of a situation, never thinking of other persons who have genuine causes and willingness to abide by rules and regulations.We all know how large our sites are and what resources they would eat up, so if our sites are too large for the free service provided then it maybe making enough money to pay for itself. But who cares if the service provide make up new rules or stop providing free hosting for people who really need it? You didn’t like the service anyway so it’s no big deal.Well some of us care about loosing the great services provided here at Xisto and do not wish for others to screw up things for us, so please consider paying for the hosting if your site is too big or uses up more resources than allowed.Thank you.

We dont mind hosting large sites.. also very large sites who can spare a space for our ads are also most welcome. We would be pleased to include them in our network. But we are sincerely against those small sites who abuse the services by :-1> Using extremely high resolution images ( faulty Webdesigning practices )2> Using or encouraging mailing lists ( which are in 1000's )3> Providing large files for downloads especially music filesWhen any user is opting for paid hosting, His Right to use the space and BW exceeds. In free web hosting, we expect members to share the resources peacefully.

I think we had 2 issues here, one was the bandwidth issue, that should clear itself up.

The other one I have to say I'm sorry it happened to him, he's been a good contributor to this site and not posted just to get the post count up so he could be hosted.

This is hear-say: He was testing out all the different options on the cpanel and for some reason (unknow to me) he overloaded the server / cpu and may have caused the system to be restarted (crash).

Morale of the story, even if we are excited about the new hosting account. We need to be careful of what we install and use (test). Don't start to many operations until you know what reactions you actions have.

I did close to same thing first day with the new account, I installed phpNuke and the uninstall failed so when I tried the wikiTiki? <sp> the setup failed because I had no more disk space left. I used my ftp connection to clean up all the folders and remove the 2 installs.

pbolduc, is a good guy and I consider him a friend (I don't have any friends according to another tread on this forum) and as far as I know, I don't think he would do anything to hurt this community on purpose and I hope he stays on contributing. He have a lot to share with the rest of us and I hope he'll get hosted somewhere.

Nils

Huh, you beat me to it OpaQue - I agre with you and Added this edit.

Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

Could you just reinstate his hosting, with the understanding that he won't mess things up again?

Could you just reinstate his hosting, with the understanding that he won't mess things up again?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello, is there an echo in here... :)

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Nils

The problem is my relations with psychz.net is not good anymore. Xisto is currently sharing resources. And most of the downtimes have usually caused due to the members of my site. BEcause of which, I really cannot re-instate his account. But however, I could make another account for him.But the only question to which I dont have an answer is : ResponsibilityIn paid hosting, members dont abuse service because of the fear of losing cash by breaking the TOS. But in free hosting, Members got nothing to lose apart from harming all the other people hosted on the server.My point is, What happens if he commits the same mistake again ? :-(

first of all, thanks for the admins team that made this hosting community to be the best in the net. i m really thankful that i've found many friend that r having the same interest as mine. thanks.like Nilsc said, pbolduc is a good buy. i think his contribution is one of the best, because he have experiences in the related field. loosing him would be a huge lost to this community.he said that he was experimenting and nvr thought that things could go wrong. he also said to me that he will nvr do something like that again.even if you have to create a new acc for him, i hope that you'll accept him back here. i really missed him. all the best!

The problem is my relations with psychz.net is not good anymore. Xisto is currently sharing resources. And most of the downtimes have usually caused due to the members of my site. BEcause of which, I really cannot re-instate his account. But however, I could make another account for him.

But the only question to which I dont have an answer is : Responsibility

In paid hosting, members dont abuse service because of the fear of losing cash by breaking the TOS. But in free hosting, Members got nothing to lose apart from harming all the other people hosted on the server.

My point is, What happens if he commits the same mistake again ? :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he would do this, but is it possible for you to give him a new account, but with diminished access to thing that could cause problems?

That way everyone(provided he doesn't need the special services) can be happy.

Thanks for at least considering it.

That one thing I can't stand, people that abuse free hosting. :) I lost my last hosting account, because my provider, Shyper, had to close all free accounts because of abuse. This happens a lot to hosts that try to offer free web hosting. It makes me mad, because it hurts so many legitimate users.

That one thing I can't stand, people that abuse free hosting. mad.gif I lost my last hosting account, because my provider, Shyper, had to close all free accounts because of abuse. This happens a lot to hosts that try to offer free web hosting. It makes me mad, because it hurts so many legitimate users.

HAha, What do you think, Free Hosting companies like Shyper close down because they are affected by the members .. Thats all wrong. Most of the hosts come up on the net for making easy money. Especially from google ads because they seem to pay out generously. But google does not support these forum sites and most of the time, the site gets banned or disabled.
Then these hosts close down blaming the members. We are not greedy and want to build a community.

The Ads that we show are very cheap. They pay out $0.10 per 1000 ad impressions on an average.
The Biggest disadvantage is, When it comes to advertising, only traffic from USA, UK, Canada are truely valued. The rest of the visitors have no commercial importance from the advertising point of view. We serve around 45,000 to 50,000 Ad impressions per day. Out of which more than 50% is useless and of no use because of international traffic. This a fact. Making money for our organisation is truely a big challenge. Anyway, we somehow try to get our basic expenses cleared by these ads.
Its only when we start getting more and more traffic, there will be any scope for free web hosting sites.
As for companies who close down, those are all purely because of lack of funds.

But we are sincerely against those small sites who abuse the services by :-
3> Providing large files for downloads especially music files

Alright, man. Ease up. Some of us just have the files up there for the fans, you know?

I appreciate the service a lot. I've never heard of any resentment before...

HAha, What do you think, Free Hosting companies like Shyper close down because they are affected by the members .. Thats all wrong. Most of the hosts come up on the net for making easy money. Especially from google ads because they seem to pay out generously. But google does not support these forum sites and most of the time, the site gets banned or disabled.Then these hosts close down blaming the members. We are not greedy and want to build a community.

The Ads that we show are very cheap. They pay out $0.10 per 1000 ad impressions on an average.
The Biggest disadvantage is, When it comes to advertising, only traffic from USA, UK, Canada are truely valued. The rest of the visitors have no commercial importance from the advertising point of view. We serve around 45,000 to 50,000 Ad impressions per day. Out of which more than 50% is useless and of no use because of international traffic. This a fact. Making money for our organisation is truely a big challenge. Anyway, we somehow try to get our basic expenses cleared by these ads.
Its only when we start getting more and more traffic, there will be any scope for free web hosting sites.
As for companies who close down, those are all purely because of lack of funds.

I know you have contacts with Xisto but do they just give you a free reseller and space. I can't imagine someone at Xisto paying fro everything out of his own pocket without making a nice income from somewhere else. I know that ads don't pay much so how do u do it? I ran my own free hosting service before and found it difficult to offer free services without paying out of my own pocket for several years.

I know that ads don't pay much so how do u do it?

Majority funds for Free Web Hosting, No Ads for Xisto and Xisto come from Xisto - Web Hosting.com.

Xisto is the parent company which houses Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto, Xisto, IPBGaming, Antilost, GFXTrap and Xysis (if I missed something please forgive me :D). OpaQue owns all these including latest additions--ImageFilez and Shothost (merged).

The revenue generated from Xisto - Web Hosting is just enough to keep all above services going without anyone "forced" to donate for hosting. And placing ads in forums means no forced ads in individual hosting pages and a little extra breathing room if Xisto - Web Hosting cannot cover 100%. There were times when OpaQue paid out of his own pocket to keep free webhostings, FREE.

So, all that OpaQue asks in return is that this forum is filled with quality posts and abide by AUP and TOS. When quality posts are placed and catch mighty search engines "rank", it draws more web traffic to this forum--thus leads to more exposure, which equals more revenue at the end.

A simple AUP and TOS are all we need to think about. It's a blind trust from OpaQue to all hosting members. But if that trust is broken between the hosting provider and hosting user, the representation of Xisto is tarnished. Furthermore, it affects *everybody* when people abuse this free web hosting service.

HOWEVER, going back to the original topic in discussion, you need not worry about bandwidth running out (unless your own account reaches the maximum bandwidth allowed) for the entire gamma server since OpaQue moved all hosting services to his own dedicated hosting servers. He has ensured me that we will never run out of the disk space and bandwidth.

So promote and support Xisto. And when you outgrow free web hosting, no ads plan don't forget Xisto - Web Hosting for all your cheap paid hosting services. Do check it out! :)