xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Anyone Use Gamemaker?

Game Maker's great. You can do heaps. I've used it for about 3 years now, and I'm really good at it. I can make good games now. I went off it a bit last year, but Im making new games now. Its actually one of the easiest languages to learn. The action libraries are good to get you started, and then you can learn how to code. Its not just for games, you can create all sorts of things with it.There aren't any ads in it Sten, unless you count the bar up the top when you load games made with the unregistered version, and that's always been there.Definitely wort getting, and registering

I've been using GM for several years now, and to be honest I've enjoyed every minute of it. For the brand new programmer it offers simple drag-and-drop functionality, yet should you want to (and have the know-how) you can create some amazing programs. Many people underestimate it after they get bored of the simple games you start out making, but can you honestly say any other programming language is different? You start by learning the basics, then slowly move on to more advanced things. DLLs are available in all shapes and sizes, expanding its functionality even more.

Personally, I think the major perk of GM is its price. You can do a lot with the standard functions (even mimic some of the registered-only ones if you've got the patience to work out how <_<), and for a mere $20 (I believe) you have full access to a wide range of functions, such as the use of said DLLs, advanced drawing options and (most importantly, in my opinion) the ability to make an online game. Combine that with an active community, where there's a whole host of users (me included under a different username) who are willing to answer questions and offer advice on any problems you may encounter (and, let's face it, things just don't go right the first time round).

Sure, it can't do some of the things other, more recognised languages can, but for $20 and a great introduction to the world of game programming I'm not arguing. Heck, even if you don't cough up the $20 you can do a whole range of things as it is. In short: it's a great little program for beginner programmers, and builds up to allow you to create nigh-on-professional games. :P

That's my two pence, anyway.

yoyo gamemaker

Anyone Use Gamemaker?

Does anyone in here use yoyo game maker?

My first time in making games here.

I'm a bit stuck and struggling and I'm not sure whether that I need to know how to program?

-Niki

Need Help With GameMakeAnyone Use Gamemaker?

My name is joshua and I just started college for GSP (Game & Simulation Programing). One of my assignments is to learn and make a game on GameMaker.. Can Some Please help me Understand how to creat a game on Gamemaker step-by-step? 

Thank You.

Game-MakerAnyone Use Gamemaker?

I'm learning GML (Game Maker Language). You can use "GAME MAKER APPRENTICE GAME DEVELOPEMENT FOR BEGINNER" to learn how to create games with Game Maker step by step. But I'm more interested in FPS Creator. 

-reply by Rifath