xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Anyone Use Gamemaker?

Eh, I've tried it, but I don't really use it....it's a lot of work, but I think it'll be a heck of a lot easier than writing it in Java, although if it was in Java, I could put it on any computer.... :)

Hmm.. I heard of Gamemaker, my friends used to use it then sell off the games for a bit of cash. :) It's not bad and like Jguy101 said, its so much more easier to use than to write the whole program out in pure computer language. (Especially C+) :P

i think like you JaredLeto! i made a little game with it and i think its not soooo great! i like more to write programs and games on my own.. ok they are not sooo great as they woiuld be, if i had made them with gamemaker, but they are totally mine :)

I think it's for people who aren't serious about making games. You don't have THAT much power over what you do, and it's kind of hard to choose the layout you want. Also, if you've just made a game in c++, your going to feel alot more... prouder than if youve done it in gamemaker. If you want to make money, get a group of people together and make a game in java or c(++). If you want a fun, free game that people will play (and <- snipped -> ;-) ), make a browser game with python/perl/c-cgi and html. If you just wanna make a game, use gamemaker or QBASIC.}

Game Maker is great! Especialy when you have learned GML a bit (GML: Game Maker Language). But it take some time to learn it, however when you are good in it you can make great games, also 3D!If you need some help, ask me and i will answer.

Game Maker is excelant, it's easy and powerful, if you learn the built in laguage, GML, you can make almost anything, not just games either, and if you use .dll's (dynamic link libraries) the possibilities are endless...