xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lacking_imagination

Nintendo Helped Make The Playstation?!? www.nintendoland.com

sorry it took so long, the site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's a really cool article that also mentions the phillips I-cd. Anyone remember that? It was the worst game system ever

Peace.

Aaron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone remember the turbo graphix 16? It failed over here but did increadibly well in japan. It had some fantastic games too. So sad to see it go.

That is all true. Infact if it weren't for Nintendo, there'd be no sony. And with out nintendo, we'd be playing Atari 96000.Anywho, Nintendo was busy creating a cd drive for the SuperNintendo, so they enlisted sony for help in development. Right when it was almost done, Nintendo decided not to go along with it, with the thought that Sony will take over Nintendo somehow. So then Sony went and made Playstation, and outsold n64.If only Nintendo hadn't of unplugged Sony. Xbox would have shared the same fate as Virtual Boy or Ngage (thus having to stick with Windows) , Nintendo wouldn't be struggling in the market now, but instead Dominating by far along with Sony's help. Even if they'd split the profits, Nintendo would still have way more company value than now.

...Damn...Nintendo assisted in the creation of Playstation? I repeat... Damn...This recent development has caused me to actually lose a little of the last respect I have for Sony.Granted, I lost some respect for Nintendo tooBut I have less for Sony than ever ><

THat is a good thing, it was very nice. Nintendo was one of the most exciting games I had when I was a kid. From retro games to something great. The helping stuff they got with sony, it ain't bad... At least game consoles were developed even under this heavy circumstances. The one thing I don't like about nintendo consoles is that it runs on an ac/dc adaptor. I forgot the adaptor of the gamecube and puff, broken. And the worst thing is no-one could fix it and no stock being sold here. Isn't it ugly??? Unlike sony that is direct power 220v and 110v. But at least all things that they did worked together for good.

What I read is that they didn't HELP them. They both were working together, but they stopped doing it, and Sony used the technology they had to make the PSX.So... Thanks Nintendo for breaking up with sony!

Turbo Grafx 16? Yeah, I remember that system. I wanted one when I was a kid, but we lived in a small community. The only games that you could get were for Sega or NES, so Mom did the smart thing and bought the NES instead. She only had to drive 15 minutes instead of over an hour to take us game shopping *grins*But if I recall correctly, one of my brothers bought a TG16 system at a garage sale or something years later. He has a bunch of old game systems that he can't hook up because the cables and such are missing. Hmm. I wonder ... nah. Probably not worth trying to find the hookups *grins*

Nintendo went with cartridges after all the research into cds? There has to be some kind of agreement between sony and nintendo there. I mean after all that time they couldn't just up and say, screw it, we'll stick with cartridges. Sony you can have the cd. Then sega joins with sony. I agree that Nintendo would have been better off financially to stick with Sony. They're pretty much the top dog in the console gaming industry. XBox has some good features, and I haven't tried the XBox 360, but I bet it's a competitor. Especially since PS3's launch is delayed until November.I find it ironic that they broke up with a partner that became their rival, but stranger things have happened. Sony knew what they were doing apparently.

[That's amazing. I had no idea. I doubt nintendo regrets it though. because without sony, there'd be no real competition. Too bad playstation doesn't have very many origional classic characters like nintendo's mario or donkey kong so that they could have one of those "marvel vs. capcom" type games and put them against eachother. that'd be pretty cool. :lol:

Yeah, I think Nintendo should have gone with the deal in the beginning.

Well, that's of course easy to say now. Perhaps a great decision back then.

Interesting fact, I didn't know this. Never had any interest in buying a PS at all (bit of a nintendo fanboy, and PC gamer).