xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Enter

Your Desktop Sreenshots Put your desktop sreenshots here

Where did you get that background image?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MajesticTreeFrog, you sound excited, you like angels playing guitars also :)

Just Kidding, I looked at that background and if I put one like that up on my computer I'll get a lawsuit happening there are a few here in the workplace that would love nothing more than to slap a discrimination suit on us...

My DT is very boring.. lot of work stuff :P

Nis

Where did you get that background image?

My background: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the wallpaper from here;

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

He has a few other interesting pictures on there too, all his original work. To browse through the images, use the toolbar in the top left of the web page, the "art" link. As you'll see, he uses the guitar angel picture as his site background too. I just thought it was so abstract and interesting... I had to use it!

Other wallpapers I usually get from;

http://www.wincustomize.com/

This is my desktop :)

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woah, no icons? I couldn't imagine having no icons on my desktop... just personal preference. It makes it so much easier to get to my stuff. Programs and games that I use frequently, I find it very convenient to have their icon right there on the desktop.

I'd hate having to search through folders all the time, or hitting Start>All Programs>>> just to get to what I'm looking for. I don't know, maybe it's just me. You probably just prefer looks over convenience... that's completely fine, I'm just amazed.

Anyone else prefer no icons on their desktop too?

EDIT: By the way, it's a cool pic... nice looking desktop :P

This is mine. :)

Woah, no icons? I couldn't imagine having no icons on my desktop... just personal preference. It makes it so much easier to get to my stuff. Programs and games that I use frequently, I find it very convenient to have their icon right there on the desktop.I'd hate having to search through folders all the time, or hitting Start>All Programs>>> just to get to what I'm looking for. I don't know, maybe it's just me. You probably just prefer looks over convenience... that's completely fine, I'm just amazed.
Anyone else prefer no icons on their desktop too?

I like it tidy and empty too. A bit like this. Put all shortcuts into one master folder. Nothing can obscure my vision of Magritte's famous piece of art as well as his Philosofy (This is not a pipe :P )

me too but i dont get tidy a lot because when you develop a site or some thing like thatyou get lots of exes files and that kind of stuff i my self dont have no space on the desktop often so i just hide the icons

yay, fill up board memory, pretty standard, looks kinda strange if you haven't seen a two moniter setup i suppose. the right side is an 19" flat screen @1280x1024 i use for everything, the left side is a 17" crt @ 800x600 i use for checking web stuff, also easier to read small fonts.

I use a program that rotates a selection of my favorite wallpapers. The settings will let me change the wallpaper every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hour, day, week, or never. It rotates about 200 different wallpapers for me (I have it set to change the wallpaper every 30 minutes). It can also be used as a screensaver, too. The name of the program is called CoolWallpaper. I got it about 2 years ago and it was free. http://www.coolwallpaper.com/ now offers a free version and a $29.95 version. Here's one of my desktops (I use a dual-monitor setup).