xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RGF

Time Just a lot of time

This is just a rant kindaI was thinking a lot about this... time I mean. See I was walking home and saw out of the corner of my eye a small computer store and then I just stopped to take it all in... no not the prices, but what has happened over time. I was just talking to my dad a few days before about how when he was my age (15) he was told and had read about how when the year 2000 came around the world would be very different from what he grow up in. How robots would do everything humans wouldn't and how you would have to work only 3 days a week. I just had to start laughing just thinking about it, saying to myself you would have to be nuts to believe that BS, but when I saw the store I just started thinking about what has happened. Maybe they weren't wrong......I mean we have robots that do, do some things that humans can't and/or will not. even though everyone still has to work 5 to 6 days a week, but not everything was wrong I mean say the computer when he was a kid no one had a home computer hell the idea of it was nuts its self ( back then anyway ), but now just about everyone has or uses a computeronce a week. Hell kids in my school are better at using a computer than a pencil. Then take games back then the best you could get was 2D games like pong, pacman and some others (not bad games though), but when you see the games now days that are more real than reality its selfyou just got to stop and think.wonder what 2020 will be like........

it is scary to think about the future.i mean, all those advances in science, it is unpredictable.dont you think what will happen if those science fictions do come true, such as Matrix, Terminator, etc. why? because we dont really know what will happen to all that we did now. for example, 40years ago, we thought we could use fossil fuel for free, but now we are seeing so much effects such as greenhouse, pollutions, etc.nowadays, many scientists are trying to build the best AI(Artificial Intelligence) arround. who might know these creations might turn against us someday? scary

so you know what I'm saying then?

Anyway yeah like you were saying no one knows what will happen tomorrow, 2 days after, 3 days or anytime. I mean its not to much sci-fi anymore what has been happening in the last past year or so.. hell I was just watching something on TV about a planned mission to mars in 2006. Then you have computers I was told that the compact discs (CD) were

about to go out because computers and cd-roms are becoming to fast for the discs what they will be using is beyond me, but makes you think. Plus like you were also saying about AI's its more than possible that some day they will see humans as a threat to its life and rise against us.... but who knows.

You know science doesn't seem to be helping anyone nowadays... I'm not saying that it hasn't helped, but it just seems more and more that scientists are holding their hands on their faces and saying what have I done.....

I've been imagining the world with the Matrix being real for a year or two now. It's... odd. Then it always leads to the fact that if I am plugged into something that there is something somewhere watching everything I ever do...On an unrelated topic: I've also been trying to wrap my mind around death theories.... And blinking out of existance completely, the most logical one I can think of, is just scary X.x

On an unrelated topic: I've also been trying to wrap my mind around death theories.... And blinking out of existance completely, the most logical one I can think of, is just scary X.x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be a realy interesting discussion, i think sumone should start it in philosophical..BTW

Nostradamus said the world will end in the year 3797. Its' odd to think a thing like that would happen.. it's best not to think about it too much..