xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian1405241474

The iPod Shuffle Finally, an iPod for any occasion

What makes the other mp3 players so much better than the iPod shuffle? I would like to compare them. Have any links? I don't really want an iPod shuffle, but I would like to see how it compares to other flash players. And as far as most companies making there products revolutionary and different, they do that so people want to buy their product. So thats what Apple did with the other iPods, made cool new products, but for the shuffle they only needed the iPod name to make people want to buy one as a cheaper alternative to a full fledged iPod.

Yeah i've got an i-river, but i'm thinking of getting a good Hard Disk Player, either the I-pod or an i-river or a creative Zen touch. I've been looking at which one to choose and at the moment i'm thinking of getting a i-river becuase at the moment i have 256mb i-river mp3 player and it's lasted for a good 1 and a half years. But if someone knows otherwise about i-river or another good brand i'd love to hear about it.

Well I would recomend the iPod. Probably a 20 or 40 GB one. You can see them all here at Apple's iPod page. I recomend one of the 20 or 40 GB iPods. I want to get a 20 GB iPod myself. It really depends on what feature ou want though. Some players have extra little features that some people like. What I really like is the way the iPod lets you read text files on the go. Right now I have my computer set up so it will add the news from RSS sites to my iPod, so I can keep up with the news during the day.

Well, there are a few things to keep in mind about the shuffle:

1. It WILL play in normal order, not just shuffle mode.
2. For the price, it holds a lot of music
3. Sound quality, which for me means a lot. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1753012,00.asp
That is a good review. As it points out, the shuffle has insane audio quality.
4. It also works as a usb thumb drive. I find these usefull, and so that feature ups the value(for me) relative to other flash based players.
5. For the 1gb version, if you are still in school or a teacher, apple will give you a discount if you go through their education store on their website, which makes it even more of a value(to those that apply).

In any case its what you need/want out of your player. But despite the lack of screen, I think its a pretty good deal.

This is probably the best idea I've seen from Apple.These are the most portable ipods for someone who doesnt listen to 100 songs a day. Ipod suffle will be as hot as the the original ipod since the only issue with the orginal Ipod is money.This was a very smart idea on Apples part.In my opinion, there is no reason to go with another brand of mp3 player other than Apple.I'm hoping for Apple to release a few more ipods which can hold less songs but that won't matter as much, $100 for an mp3 player like that is pretty afordable.