xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian1405241474

The iPod Shuffle Finally, an iPod for any occasion

Yeah it's neat and everything... but like you said, I'd rather get an iPod mini or 20GB as well. I personally don't like that it doesn't have a screen. And I believe they only brought this thing out to make a few extra bucks. Something new to put out there so people can buy it and say "hey I've got the new iPod Shuffle! I am teh 1337!". Wow, that's the first time I've actually used any sort of "1337 speak", it's kind of weird. Anyway back on track... yeah I like this little thing, but definately wouldn't buy one. I doubt they'll be as popular as the regular iPod and iPod mini's.

It also has no screen :) Imagine Trying to shuffle through all of your Ipod songs without a screen to know where you are or whats next? thats why its called shuffle becuase you have no clue whats comming... Life is random HA! more like Apple just wants to throw out another product without investing in a good LCD screen nothing random about that

It also has no screen  :)  Imagine Trying to shuffle through all of your Ipod songs without a screen to know where you are or whats next? thats why its called shuffle becuase you have no clue whats comming... Life is random HA! more like Apple just wants to throw out another product without investing in a good LCD screen nothing random about that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with wreslur. No screen; not buying. Sure, it's compatible and doesn't take up as much room as the Ipod or Ipod mini but still, I prefer it if there was a screen so I would actually know what track is on and if I really want to listen to a song that I'm really hooked onto, I wouldn't have to keep on pressing the >>forward button just to find the freaking song. But, it's a new product, new design, and once again Apple is trying to overrun all the other mp3 player companies. Sure, it's a quirky little techy object that would attract many consumers but like all the other commentors, I rather save up for a mini Ipod or something that's even worth more than that.

I agree with wreslur.  No screen; not buying.  Sure, it's compatible and doesn't take up as much room as the Ipod or Ipod mini but still, I prefer it if there was a screen so I would actually know what track is on and if I really want to listen to a song that I'm really hooked onto, I wouldn't have to keep on pressing the >>forward button just to find the freaking song.  But, it's a new product, new design, and once again Apple is trying to overrun all the other mp3 player companies.  Sure, it's a quirky little techy object that would attract many consumers but like all the other commentors, I rather save up for a mini Ipod or something that's even worth more than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I'd rather take an iPod with a screen, but I wouldn't mind a cheap one that shuffled the songs, because, to tell you the truth, I bet most of the time when I listen to music I just have my music shuffled and don't even look at the screen, I'm doing something else while I listen. So I don't think the shuffle is too bad. the problem I would have would be that means no playlists. I like play lists because I like to listen to different kinds of music depending on my mood.

But for those who want a cheap alternative, there's the shuffle.

I have to admit I'm totally 100% ignorant when it come to MAC's and ipods etc. I think I turned on a MAC one time but that's all the exposure I've had. :) :)I don't say I wouldn't like it but since I don't have to work on or with it I have not taken any time to learn. If we were a different kind of business maybe I'd been exposed to it and my opinion would be different (Now I'm just indifferent).I see all the excited replies to MAC's both for and against. To me it's a moot point, just like AMD and intel. If it's thright tool for the job, use it. If not stay away. :PNils

I have to admit I'm totally 100% ignorant when it come to MAC's and ipods etc. I think I turned on a MAC one time but that's all the exposure I've had. :) :)

I don't say I wouldn't like it but since I don't have to work on or with it I have not taken any time to learn. If we were a different kind of business maybe I'd been exposed to it and my opinion would be different (Now I'm just indifferent).

I see all the excited replies to MAC's both for and against. To me it's a moot point, just like AMD and intel. If it's thright tool for the job, use it. If not stay away. :P

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, true.

And how is that different from any product by any company, ever?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LoL that's true. But, a lot of the time companies release new stuff and it is innovative to the industry. Sure, it's the company's main goal to make money... but usually new releases have something new about them that is new and special. In my opinion... with this iPod Shuffle they've taken a step backwards. They've grabbed a regular iPod, made it smaller and given it a different look, taken away the screen and only given it the possibility of playing songs in a random order (shuffle), which I'm sure a regular iPod can do anyway (I am unsure though, I don't have an iPod of my own so I don't know all of it's functions... feel free to prove me wrong). From what I can see, there is nothing special about these new iPod's... apart from the name and lack of functions as compared to regular iPod/iPod Mini's.